My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:

I just bought a 2003 starcraft aruba and am very new to RVing but my question is draining the fresh water tank, how do I get that plug off from under neath the trailer there is a 6 inch hose that is extended underneath the then the plug. Is this even the correct way in draining the water fresh water tank?

Thanks,

Brian

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
Brian

Its hard to say .. did you get a manual with your trailer ?? My trailer has a pet- co ck on the fresh water tank itself, then a 6" or so piece of clear tubing running thur the floor.

I have never owned a starcraft so I'm not sure how yours is done.

There are LOTS of good RV forums out there. And there should be one for Starcraft .. I belong to the Forest River Forum and the Holiday Rambler Forum. And have gotten great tips on both my trailer and 5th wheel.

I'm sure if you find the Starcraft forum .. someone who has the same model as yours will know the answer to your question .. Lots of RV techs belong to them also.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
if the plug is push in than more than likely its to stop pests from cloging it up, in most all rv's there will be a twist valve or screw valve of some kind off the tank somewhere, in my allegro i was under the drivers side twin bed off the side of the tank, in my current its in the basement storage compartment that has the tank going over the chassis, either one had a hose that went out side under the coach

so i would look in a cabinet inside where the tank is, or a storage compartment near the tank, either way im 99% sure there will be a valve not a plug

1 - 4 of 4 Posts