My Tractor Forum banner

81 - 100 of 315 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
I saw that earlier too and wondered if it might possibly be the color. I might have to order some just to see.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
So, I just emailed Ariens customer support regarding this color.I wonder what they'll be able to tell me.

·
Premium Member
1,590 Posts
Are you in search of a deck or is this going to be a snow pusher?

CCMoe

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
If I stumbled across a deck at some point when I had enough money to pay for it, I'd put one on it. I expect that it will be a pusher for some time before that happens first though.

·
Premium Member
1,590 Posts
There's one out there somewhere.

Price and location are the two variables.

CCMoe

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
What years are your tractors? This one is an '87 I think. Though I don't remember where I might have gotten that information from.

·
Premium Member
3,260 Posts
They range from an S16H to a later model GT20. There is a color variation between the GT19 and the GT20. I have not looked for the GT19 manufacture year but it doesn't have the solid state ignition, the GT20 does. The GT19 is the charcoal color and the GT20 looks black.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
I can't wait to get this thing out of the garage and working! I'm really hoping that everything works.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
I bought a couple of those HF polycarbonite disks to see how they'd work on the peeling paint and rust on the fender pan. I'm a fan! I just spent an hour or so removing all of the paint and rust on the topside of the fender pan, and about 90% of the rust and a lot of the paint on the underside. I think the only thing that might have been faster would have been a professional sandblasting setup. Of course, while I was getting my air hose and blowgun it started pouring rain on my now bare deck, which was outside.
Unfortunately, I used up both of those discs so I'll need to make another trip to HF for more. That isn't a short trip (~75 miles round trip) so it needs to be planned for. I won't need them right away though because the pan is done enough so I can finish with sandpaper, so I can get them when I go to NH this weekend.
I'm very excited to get this thing painted up all nice and purty!
I'm going to have lots more guilt-less time to work on it soon...my wife is flying to Georgia on the 11th to take my grandkids home, and she's staying there for 2.5 weeks.
The pictures will show you what I started with and what I hope to make look like new. The fender pan is wet in this pics because I started out with a good degreasing and power washing.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Several years judging by that pan and especially the deck. Of course, both were covered in leaves all the time

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Got a reply to my email to Ariens support...this tractor was built 6/26/1987 according to their records.

·
Premium Member
7,954 Posts
Heck, it had its 32nd birthday just over a week ago. Did you give it a party?

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
No, not yet. My wife is going to my son's next week for a couple of weeks, maybe I'll have the party then. LOL

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Got the new starter a couple of days ago (I think...this has been a really screwed up week) and got it mounted after work today. Pulled the engine close to my Jeep (engine is on a dolly), grabbed my jumper cables and gave it a test. It works and the engine cranks over. Now I REALLY wish that I already had that frame painted!

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
And just now I dropped of a piece of it that still has the original frame paint in good condition on it to the local Ace hardware to see if they can match it. I could take the easy road and just paint it black, but for some reason my mind says it needs to be the original brown.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
My weekend is off to a great start! Not. The person who does the special paint mixing isn't in until Sunday, so painting is out. The trailer hitch that UPS brought me today is so badly bent that I can't install it. And I just found out that Amazon is sending me the exact same toner cartridge for my printer as the one I received yesterday...which is wrong. How that got screwed up I don't know as I had reordered a cartridge I bought a couple of years ago that fit just fine.

81 - 100 of 315 Posts