My Tractor Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,001 Posts
Looks fantastic! You're not kidding about the quality of those grates!

Mike

·
Premium Member
9,308 Posts
I am close to pulling the trigger on these for my Weber. The E-330 has 5 "vertical" flavorizer bars and 2 what they call heat deflectors. I think I'm going to get them all unless someone has an opinion on the value of the heat deflectors.

EDIT - Does anyone with this style grill know how to get the heat deflectors out from under the burner tubes?

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I am close to pulling the trigger on these for my Weber. The E-330 has 5 "vertical" flavorizer bars and 2 what they call heat deflectors. I think I'm going to get them all unless someone has an opinion on the value of the heat deflectors.

EDIT - Does anyone with this style grill know how to get the heat deflectors out from under the burner tubes?
I was able to remove and install the heat deflectors between the center and right burner. I removed the right one first then slid the left one over to the right.
Cannon

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,308 Posts
I was able to remove and install the heat deflectors between the center and right burner. I removed the right one first then slid the left one over to the right.
Cannon
Did I not call the sear burner the brother in law part? I think I was trying to get the deflector out from under the left side (yes, I'm a brother in law too. :banghead3)

·
Master Cranker!!!
15,043 Posts
Great thread......you folks have inspired me to look into repairing an old Weber Summit Gold I picked up at a yard sale for 40 bucks a couple years back. It's a big un.

·
Premium Member
9,308 Posts
My brother in law credentials are well earned. Yes, I was trying to pull the heat deflector out of the left had side, beneath the sear burner, BUT I had another mitigating issue. Since I haven't thoroughly cleaned this thing in the two years I have had it, there was so much crud caked onto the deflectors that it would not slide out without some cleanup. I broke out the wet dry vac for this task and vacuumed up a bunch of crusty debris. After that the deflectors slid right out. A little more vacuuming and replacing the grease tray liner and the interior of the grill looks pretty good. I am ordering my new stainless bars and deflectors today, even though the old parts look to have the rest of the season in them. I use the grill all winter so why wait?

41 - 47 of 47 Posts