My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Retired MTF Admin
26,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a free software for recording CD's from your computer?

I have a feeling that my computer is about to crash and I want to record what files I have stored.

I was using Record Now by Sonic(came with the computer), but it no longer recognizes a blank CD !!!

·
Administrator
21,251 Posts
Here is a comparison of 5 different programs, probably point out the pros and cons of each. It seems like there are many available out there.

http://mp3.about.com/od/essentialsoftware/tp/Best_Free_Burning_software.htm

Is it music CD's you want to record, or just data/photos, etc?

My computer is using Windows XP and if I want to burn some files to CD I put the CD in and if I get a pop-up, I close it, go my "My Computer", find what I want to copy and in the menu at the right just use the copy to option. Seems to work pretty good.

Good Luck!

·
the "AWOL member"
4,954 Posts
Hey Ken are you sure it's the software and not a bad drive? The last drive I had go bad did the same thing,it quit recognizing fresh discs when I went to burn one. I'm no computer expert but thought I'd throw in my personal experience.Hope it helps!:fing32:

·
Retired MTF Admin
26,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Ken are you sure it's the software and not a bad drive? The last drive I had go bad did the same thing,it quit recognizing fresh discs when I went to burn one. I'm no computer expert but thought I'd throw in my personal experience.Hope it helps!:fing32:
Its a 2004 edition software..:banghead3

I found Infrarecord and it is working for me...:trink40:

:thanku: everyone..

·
the "AWOL member"
4,954 Posts
:congrats: glad you got it fixed! Yet another MTF success story!:fing32:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts