My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up this "FREE" 350 utility from my cousin. He decided he didn't want it and said get it out of here so we pulled it home today. Its had many parts stolen off of it over the years and the exhaust had rusted off and filled the engine with water. Its just a parts tractor so I started to pull it apart to see what we can salvage. Got the head off and found one cylinder broken from water freezing in the bore so the block is toast. As I get spare time I will continue with the tear down.

Attachments

·
Heft F
53 Posts
I am looking at getting a good used 350 from a local implement place. Your seems to need a little work ;) I will be following your progress. Best of luck and give that old girl some love.

·
Premium Member
5,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My plan is to just part this one out. I think you could pick up a runner for $1500-$2500.

·
Heft F
53 Posts
That makes sense as there seems to be a lot of effort needed there. The under 40 hp are selling a little higher here. I am looking at just under $4k for a nice 350 with FEL, 7' blade, hay spike and drag bar, all fast hitch. They just added a new battery and alternator. We got pounded with rain last night so I think I will have to wait another day to get her.

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,103 Posts
Nice save. Hopefully, it's parts can help other machines out. Tires look ok. How's the radiator and gas tank?

·
Premium Member
5,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice save. Hopefully, it's parts can help other machines out. Tires look ok. How's the radiator and gas tank?
Both the gas tank and radiator were missing their caps, but still look OK. I believe some rodent built a nest in the top radiator tank so it would need a good cleaning. Tires are OK. I'm hoping some of the engine internals and cylinder head can be saved. The hydraulic pump is in good shape and that may be going on our Farmall H. I am also interested in the PTO assembly for possible parts for a job I am going to be doing soon. Its a Farmall 340 and belongs to my other cousin who is the brother of the PO of the 350.

·
Premium Member
5,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I pulled the pan to check out the bottom end. I was mainly interested in the oil pump condition because I might be getting a Farmall H project tractor that needs a pump. I am hoping that this is in good condition and will fit in the H block.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found an old H oil pump in the back of the shop and compared it to the 350 pump and it looks the same so if I get the Farmall H I will have a pump for it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm interested in the steering box if you decide to part it out.
I haven't decided for sure yet, but leaning toward parting out. Do you have a tractor that needs one or are you planning a new project?

·
Collector of many tractors
15,248 Posts
I just bought a tractor that has a broken steering box.
I'm ready to get it fixed. If I can buy a used box it will save me some bucks.
I found what I need new but it's big $$$

·
Premium Member
5,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pulled the front end and engine off the 350. I'm going to use some engine parts to get the Farmall H that I just bought running. I guess this means that the 350 will get parted out unless I can find another one that needs some parts.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts