My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This and my murray frankenmower are going to be my daily drivers. I assume this Husqvarna is roughly equivalent to any number of Craftsman and the like? Anybody have any experience with these mulching? Wondering if something like a gator g3 would be worthwhile or just continue to bag with it and mulch/side discharge with the murray. Love the mower with the exception of it being heavy as all get-out.

Thanks.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Got one of these Husqvarna blades to try. Now I just need grass.:sneaky:

Seems to have more lift just briefly running it.

It had a pretty dinged up generic 3 in 1 blade on it.

·
LBAD Victim
977 Posts
That is a Craftsman in Orange. Up until 2 years ago, Craftsman, Poulan Pro, Poulan, Weed Eater, Jonsered, and Husqvarna (and several more, I'm sure) were made by AYP (American Yard Products). I was just given one very similar to that one. The only difference is that mine is an AWD model, with the Briggs engine. They are good mulchers and baggers with the stock blade, so that one will probably be a superb mulcher with the new blade.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is a Craftsman in Orange. Up until 2 years ago, Craftsman, Poulan Pro, Poulan, Weed Eater, Jonsered, and Husqvarna (and several more, I'm sure) were made by AYP (American Yard Products). I was just given one very similar to that one. The only difference is that mine is an AWD model, with the Briggs engine. They are good mulchers and baggers with the stock blade, so that one will probably be a superb mulcher with the new blade.
Thanks for the reply. I thought it was basically a Craftsman. Good to hear about the bagging/mulching. It seemed to bag well the little bit I've used it, with the old blade.

·
Registered
5,958 Posts
Some of the things were said wrong. AYP was bought out by Husky and Craftsmans can be made a lot of place but most mow are made by MTD or Husky. Sears/Craftsman has never made anything but has other vendors make the items they sell. Roger

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got her all ready for summer now:

Plus the mutt:

Not pictured, but got the Echo SRM-2100 running better than its usual slightly cantankerous self. Just richened the low speed screw a half turn and no stumble any more, and maintains rpm as intended.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts