My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
:thThumbsU :thThumbsU Thats a couple of bucks in anyones book.............John ........:bananapow :bananapow :bananapow

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$200-$500 worth right there.. It's a 1914-D .. Don't try to clean it
I have a few '44 Wheat's which are worth about $.010
Too late. I have another one in better shaper that I cleaned with brasso when I was about 14 years old. You shold see the 09S and 31S. Bright and shinny and not worth much

(I was unaware of the second set until I found it today)

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Here is my wheat pennies, with atleast 10 of the 1943 steel pennies, and somewhere near 500 copper wheat. My oldest is 1911 IIRC

I wonder how much they are all worth??

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Nice find! 1914-D wheats are really hard to come by and are worth (pun intended) a pretty penny!

Pretty much any wheat penny (with exceptions of course) that is prior to 1935 are getting harder and harder to come by and most are in need by penny collectors. I got a 1938 in change today and thought that was lucky.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
BRAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Stop::Stop::Stop::Stop::Stop::Stop:
Do not repeat do not clean them with anything at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cleaning with ANYTHING will destroy any monetary value they have! In original condition and petina, they will be worth something. If you clean them they will lose most if not ALL of their value.

If they are worth saving, put them in a collectors album and do not touch the finish at all.

I hope you didnt ruin anything really valuable guy. Nothing can take away the sentimental value because they are from your father, but dont destroy the monetary value to make them pretty!

·
Super Moderator
29,552 Posts
i need to dig out my wheat pennies, they are somewhere at my mom's house. i used to have hundreds of them, my grandmother worked at a grocery store and my grandfather owned a gas station, so both would bring them home regularly for me. i have about half a quart bag of silver nickels/dimes/quarters from the early 1900's.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
coins

That is where you can find some good coins. I have a partial bag of wheats from circulation in the 1950s. Lots of goodies in it. Maybe one day I will go through it. Well searched rolls of wheats I sell for $1.50. I will pay $3 for good mixed rolls.

·
Registered
576 Posts
-I have a roll or two of the steel wheat pennies. Also a striking error penny that only has half of Lincoln's head at the top and is a bit egg shaped. A few odds and ends of older silver too, but nothing really worth a bunch.

L8R,
Matt

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I have enclosed a pic of my three 1909's and a good story from my family.

My great uncle worked for a congoleum plant here and they shredded used clothes from the U.S. as well imports from overseas. Lots of times there were coins in the pockets that were forgotten about and if they made it through the shredder, they would then go to the rollers. The rollers were heavy duty with as much force as a railroad car rolling over a nickel on the tracks.

He got lots of coins off of the conveyor belt, good and bad. The one that made me sick was the U.S. large cent that made it only part of the way through the roller. He got it, but by that time it was ruined. Now it would only be worth about $75.00 but the history itself is shot.:thSick:

I inhereted a lot of them, and one time I thought I was rich(er). Searching through the silver, I found a fairly worn 1916 mercury dime. The mint mark was so worn I couldnt see what it was and concluded it was a 1916-D, WOO HOOOOO! I put it under a microscope and found out it was a 1916-S. The first time I have been disappointed with an "S" mint mark.:crybaby:

Attachments

·
GANG GREEN GIZMOW KILLER!
1,244 Posts
Ive been searching pennies lately also.

I sort Wheat and copper before 1984. Pre 84 copper pennies are worth .026c in copper, plus you find some odd balls. Best part is once you put the word out people start bringing you all kinds of stuff.

I got 3 mercury dimes from a local cashier for $1 the other day.:fing32:

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Ive been searching pennies lately also.

I sort Wheat and copper before 1984. Pre 84 copper pennies are worth .026c in copper, plus you find some odd balls. Best part is once you put the word out people start bringing you all kinds of stuff.

I got 3 mercury dimes from a local cashier for $1 the other day.:fing32:

Yup. I do too, but I seperate from 1982 and back. 1983 to present are the zinc ones.

I still collect the newer cents also. Since the newer ones are copper washed zinc and all but bio-degrade and dissolve if dropped in the dirt I figure they will keep disolving and getting more and more scarce. That and the memorial cents arent made anymore adding to their "value" and I use that term loosely.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts