My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mowed my lawn with my new Regent and after walking across the lawn I found this. Had to have come off my mower, or space junk. Great mower but not the first thing to have fallen off. Anyone else have this happen. Thanks AC

·
Premium Member
3,681 Posts
There's probably a nut/bolt in the lawn somewhere as well... Something wasn't quite tightened down properly, vibrated off, and voila, parts on the lawn. No idea what it is, perhaps part of a pivoting joint (hinge for the hood, something like that)?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Dave, I took the part to my dealer and neither he nor his mechanic had any idea as to what it it or does. Thanks again.

·
4K Poster!!!
4,497 Posts
A side view might help us ID it. It looks like it was bolted up to something square.
It doesn't look like any part of a tractor that I've ever seen.

·
Registered
111 Posts
A side view might help us ID it. It looks like it was bolted up to something square.
It doesn't look like any part of a tractor that I've ever seen.
I was thinking the square area was for a carriage bolt and if you zoom in on the pics it looks like there might have been something around the outer edge or something was rubbing.

·
Super Moderator
29,546 Posts
Years from now someone will find the pin from the 36 snowblower I lost in the yard and will wonder what that belongs to! Those are just surprises left by unknowing souls years ago! :)

·
Registered
673 Posts
Probably fell off of your neighbor's tractor. He found it in his yard, didn't know what it was and threw it in your yard so it would become your mystery part. :))

1 - 10 of 10 Posts