My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i was trying to start it today but it wasn't doing anything. I looked in my manual for carb adjustment info and also checked out the governor chapter. After looking at the diagram that showed two adjustment screws, I realized that I only have the bottom one. So theres my surging issue. Now can I just use any screw for that? Does it have to have a spring on it?

·
Registered
173 Posts
???

Are you talking the idle mixture screw? That's not just a screw that's a needle valve. You need to order the appropriate part.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No. There are two governor adjustment screw. I am missing the top one. It must have vibrated out. I will get a pic of what I am talking about tomorrow.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm following you now. That should be a standard sized screw, just take the other to the hardware store and see if you can match something up. You'll need a spring or a lock nut to keep it from vibrating out again.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put in a new screw today. I still cannot get the tractor to run. I'm going to take the carb apart tomorrow to see if everything is correct from when I last took it apart.

·
'66 Sears Suburban 12
100 Posts
Mine was surging too, and having a heck of time starting. Took the carb apart and cleaned a bunch of **** out of it. Runs perfect now. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
I was hopefully going to post before you got a screw in there, while working on my Tec 16 tonight, it only has one set screw in it too on the governor. I was reading the Tec manual the upper one is optional so obviously that wasn't your problem. Something is not set right or you have a small air leak somewhere.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks I thought I lost it somewhere. The carb is coming apart again tomorrow. The only think I can think of is I dropped the little spring that moves the float and I might not have put it back on right.

·
My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
Well spank my Butt Betty, I can see this is going to be a bad day.:drunkie:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts