My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was successful in locating an LA203 loader for my BX1870! The loader was sitting out on a lot for a couple years but it's working great. The paint is faded a bit. Any ideas on how to revive it a bit?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. I’ve got one of those small Turtle Wax orbital buffers. Wife wants her car back in the garage so I need to get moving on it!

·
We're all friends here
13,853 Posts
That loader looks to be in very nice condition for having sat outside. Did you get it from a dealer or on CL? Grease it up good as well.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got it from a dealer in NC! I was lubing it but can’t get the grease gun on the bucket’s outboard zirc fittings! It’s either an odd angle or the zirc fitting is too far on one end of the hole.

·
Premium Member
7,472 Posts
That zerk looks like it's either on a bushing or the end of the cylinder. In either case try raising or lowering the loader a bit to see if the zerk moves relative to the access hole.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice find!
Light cut rubbing compound (if you do so desire) and basic car wax. It really isn't automotive grade paint, so it just isn't as durable. I bought a new old stock loader as well. Just a plain
Turtle Wax shined it up pretty good, even without the rubbing compound
I had started working on it with Rubbing Compound but was afraid it might be too much. Maybe Polishing Compound would be better?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The zirk fitting does not move. I am unable to get my grease gun to the two outboard fittings down by the bucket. Not sure what my options are.

·
Long Time Thread Stalker
204 Posts
The zirk fitting does not move. I am unable to get my grease gun to the two outboard fittings down by the bucket. Not sure what my options are.
We had the same problem on our skid steer. Pick up a grease zerk assortment, and install an angled zerk. It worked for us, and if you choose, you could probably buy individual fittings as well.

·
Long Time Thread Stalker
204 Posts
Hmm,
that might still be tricky with an angled fitting. Maybe you’ll have to oval out the access hole with a file or a die grinder

1 - 18 of 18 Posts