My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a friend that restores and sells old tractors and occasionally runs into newer tractors needing small repairs that he fixes and resells. The front grille is dented and rusted but the rest of the tractor looks to be in really good shape. When he got the tractor all it needed was a clutch and two bolts replaced in the front end (The bolts where missing and someone had welded the arm so it wouldn't move instead of installing new bolts). The hour meter shows 0464 but he and I are guessing that is not correct since he had to put a clutch in it. (The Good) It starts, runs and drives great with no smoke. It is a diesel, has two remotes and power steering. Two hydraulic hose for the power steering look to be new (The Bad) Needs front tires they are bald, the rear are dry rotted, all tires hold air. The Power Steering Cylinder has a small drip and the alternator light doesn't go completely out when running (I'm hoping it is just a diode replacement as some friends have told me it could be).
He told me I could have it for $3,800.00 Is this tractor as good as a deal as I think it is. What problems should I look for with this tractor other then the ones he has told me about before I buy it? I have known him for years and the tractors he has sold my friends are still going strong! Also this will be my first tractor purchase ever and I am hoping to put a loader and a backhoe attachment on this tractor in the future to use in my plumbing business.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts