My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a Farm King locally and I might take the 60 miles trip up to look at it.
I had originally been looking at a 2 wheel Gravely which I still think I want, but in the meantime I've been bitten by the GT bug.

Could you please give me your thoughts on this one in particular, I've been busy trying to read as much as I can about these tractors, but what I know at this point is probably less than you've forgotten since dinner.

Anythng to look out for if/when I go look at it? Is the price fair?

http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/grd/3725421238.html

Thanks a lot...

·
ROJ
2,189 Posts
Seems a little high to me but not to much off the mark.I would say 600-800.The tractor seems to be very original right to the exhaust and it seems to be in great shape as does the tiller.If the foot control is done right that would be a valuable conversion to me.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems a little high to me but not to much off the mark.I would say 600-800.The tractor seems to be very original right to the exhaust and it seems to be in great shape as does the tiller.If the foot control is done right that would be a valuable conversion to me.
OK, thanks.
I'm becoming impatient while looking for a clean Gravely (which is what I really want) and saw this Farm King listed a couple days ago.
It would be just my luck that as soon as I would bring this Farm King home, one or more Gravely's would pop up for sale. Never hurts to increase my knowledge of other non-Gravely tractors though.
I have to be up in the area anyway in a couple days, so I might just drop by to have a look.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
He's got those tiller tines worn down to almost nothing -- they should be the same width all the way through. I would treat that as an important pricing issue since you'd have to replace them.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He's got those tiller tines worn down to almost nothing -- they should be the same width all the way through. I would treat that as an important pricing issue since you'd have to replace them.
Had not noticed that at first glance, thanks for pointing it out.

·
Registered
510 Posts
OK, thanks.
I'm becoming impatient while looking for a clean Gravely (which is what I really want) and saw this Farm King listed a couple days ago.
It would be just my luck that as soon as I would bring this Farm King home, one or more Gravely's would pop up for sale. Never hurts to increase my knowledge of other non-Gravely tractors though.
I have to be up in the area anyway in a couple days, so I might just drop by to have a look.
i really like MTDs but you really want a Gravely, hold out for one. these old tractors are a lot of work, you don't need regrets on top of the other issues you are (inevitably) going to deal with.

·
Premium Member
2,077 Posts
i really like MTDs but you really want a Gravely, hold out for one. these old tractors are a lot of work, you don't need regrets on top of the other issues you are (inevitably) going to deal with.
Truer words not said...........

·
Registered
641 Posts
One of nicest F-Kings I've seen and doesn't seem to be all beat up and repainted and mangled. upper link on 3pt is good thing to have with it. "Foot Control"? Must be a homemade item, but seems like neat idea. Mine is worn on shifter control, and they ARE hard to reach, might have to look into a foot control pedal like that. Looks like it just clamps on same pivot linkage as lever did, neat! My Gears are rolling in my Head now!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts