My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like some opinions on the price and if you think its worth taking the time to look at, it is located 150 miles from me. I sent a message asking if they will deliver for that price and they replied back with $150 extra. I am thinking it might be a little high for only having a snow blower attachment, but really have no idea. What I am looking for is a decent snow blower, i'm not sure how good the blowers are on these Case's?
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi SK08,

Personally, I think the price is good. Sure, I've seen better prices from time to time -- but I've also seen much higher for a 400 series Case with snowcaster.

I bought a 446 with snowcaster and a few other attachments last summer. I've been using it this winter to clear our private road/driveway (more than a quarter of a kilometer in total). I'm honestly impressed at how the tractor/blower combo works in different snow condition whether powdery, wet, or packed.

As long as the tractor/blower combo you're potentially interested in buying is in good shape, you should be okay.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi SK08,

Personally, I think the price is good. Sure, I've seen better prices from time to time -- but I've also seen much higher for a 400 series Case with snowcaster.

I bought a 446 with snowcaster and a few other attachments last summer. I've been using it this winter to clear our private road/driveway (more than a quarter of a kilometer in total). I'm honestly impressed at how the tractor/blower combo works in different snow condition whether powdery, wet, or packed.

As long as the tractor/blower combo you're potentially interested in buying is in good shape, you should be okay.
Thanks for your response. I'm glad to hear that you are impressed with the snowblower. I'm thinking about going to look at it after the weather gets better, but also figured out that this is not the time of year to be looking at used snowblowers as the sellers won't budge on the price, but if his asking price is fair and its in decent shape I might have to get it.

·
Hemlock Case Guy
315 Posts
If his price was decent and fair, it would be sold. I know it's exciting buying a new piece of equipment. But, when a listing is languishing and the owner is refusing to consider offers that in and of itself is telling.

I would sell a 444 and caster as a full-time job if I could get $1,200 for each one. I could double my money or at least get close.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If his price was decent and fair, it would be sold. I know it's exciting buying a new piece of equipment. But, when a listing is languishing and the owner is refusing to consider offers that in and of itself is telling.

I would sell a 444 and caster as a full-time job if I could get $1,200 for each one. I could double my money or at least get close.
Thank you for pointing out a few things that are easy to overlook when looking at buying something. It's worth it to wait till the right deal comes along.
I was planning on making the trip 150 miles each way to go look at the case and probably get it, but I ended up finding what I consider a much better deal that is 30 miles away. Its a Snapper 2000GX that comes with a mower deck and bagger, 2 stage snowblower, and a soft cab for the same $1200 and it looks to be in much better condition. I know its not as big and heavy at the case, but is still not a throw away box store rider.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is $ 500.00 tractor not more
Thanks. I am glad that we got the blizzard that ended up delaying my trip. I really had no idea if it was a fair price, I don't see alot of the 444 for sale around here.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Thanks. I am glad that we got the blizzard that ended up delaying my trip. I really had no idea if it was a fair price, I don't see alot of the 444 for sale around here.
I would look for a 448 you get more HP.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think the value of a Case 400 series tractor has a lot to do with where you live. Finding a Case 444 with a blower for $500 would be rare where I'd from. Yes, you can find really good deals if you wait and are patient, but I don't see a lot of sub-$1,000 deals for Case 400 series tractors with attachments.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I think the value of a Case 400 series tractor has a lot to do with where you live. Finding a Case 444 with a blower for $500 would be rare where I'd from. Yes, you can find really good deals if you wait and are patient, but I don't see a lot of sub-$1,000 deals for Case 400 series tractors with attachments.
Yes in Canada the tractors may be more but if you want to go for a drive to Michigan you can buy tractors for a reasonable price. I would drive to buy if I could save $ 500.00 I know of a seller of tractors

1 - 10 of 10 Posts