My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I'm looking at a Lawn Chief for the guy that sold me two MF7's and in the corner of the barn sits a front blade for a massey so I asked him about it and he says "oh that was on one of those MF7's that you got. I didnt think you wanted it":fing20: It went home with me..Anyhow don't mind the colors because I had to use what is on hand until I get more cash besides its a worker. Maybe next season. Now I'm searching for chains ..couldn't you cut down a small set of car chains and use? Gotta pretty the blade up now.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I've still got the chains I made for Dad's MF7. Think that was back in 73 or 74, still have the rear weight box too but it's now a frt weight box for my 445JD. And yes, I did cut down a set of car chains but you need to add another cross chain between every one that's already there. Dad's was a hydro, looks like yours is a manuel, but that little tractor was a snowplowing machine. I ran a service station back then and I'd use it on the stations driveway, then go to the folk's and do their driveway and the sidewalk for the whole block, then finally to my own house to clear the drive. Used to haul it in the back of my El Camino, had to put carpeting on the loading boards otherwise it'd just spin with the chains on. If you will get some use out of them, you pay the UPS or whatever and you can have them.

·
Registered
534 Posts
So today I'm looking at a Lawn Chief for the guy that sold me two MF7's and in the corner of the barn sits a front blade for a massey so I asked him about it and he says "oh that was on one of those MF7's that you got. I didnt think you wanted it":fing20: It went home with me..Anyhow don't mind the colors because I had to use what is on hand until I get more cash besides its a worker. Maybe next season. Now I'm searching for chains ..couldn't you cut down a small set of car chains and use? Gotta pretty the blade up now.

Nice lookin rig.
Bet you're just lookin forward to snowfall.

·
Red Tractor Fan
1,704 Posts
very nice find! Funny thing, when I painted the blade I built for mine, I placed the decal right where the factory did.

The chains can be made from some old car ones, but it depends on how much time and money you have. You may get lucky and find a set that does not need the center links o be shortened, then it's a walk in the park. If the center links need to be cut down, that's a pain!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts