My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Citizen of Earth
15,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My niece is getting married and the bridal shower was at my brother's in-law's house. Seeing as we men folk were seriously outnumbered, we got to looking for something manly to do, when the mention of lawn tractors came up. Seems the fella who owned the house has (4) Cub Cadets for sale. So we went out to check them over. Unfortunately they have been out in the weather for many years. The engines all ran, but LOTS of rust, broken lights, trashed seats, cracked tires, etc. He wants top dollar for them ($1000 each), but they are more like $350-400 machines as they sit. I remember that (2) were IH Cubs, model 179 and 129. The other 2 were slightly newer. Anyway, it was a break from listening to the women during the 6 hour extravaganza.

·
Registered
106 Posts
bontai Joe said:
(4) Cub Cadets for sale. So we went out to check them over. Unfortunately they have been out in the weather for many years. The engines all ran, but LOTS of rust, broken lights, trashed seats, cracked tires, etc. He wants top dollar for them ($1000 each), but they are more like $350-400 machines as they sit. I remember that (2) were IH Cubs, model 179 and 129. The other 2 were slightly newer.

I think he`s nutz, Tell him to put them on ePay. I might think about giving him $800 total for all 4-of`em.

·
Citizen of Earth
15,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After eyeballing them up, I told him the best one was a $400 tractor, (2) others were $300 and the little guy on the end was around $200-250. I told him he could spend a lot of hours tearing them apart and selling them on ebay, but he was gonna have to put in a lot of hours with a wrench. He didn't care for that idea too much. So my plan is to wait until his wife is sick of looking at them (soon from the conversation I over heard) and seeing what the "discount" price is. :fing02:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well I certainly would like to be able to fall into something like that. 4 in one place and all for sale! WOW!

I am in the market for a new ride on or at least a new to me one if I can find a decent Cub Cadet (IH series preferably). They are kind of rare around here.

Em and I are lookin because the Craftsman's B&S is now a POS - gonna cost big bucks to fix it, so I may as well look at obtaining either an IH CC or a newer LT.

·
m-ODD-r8r
2,357 Posts
Rudi,

I was looking through your Cub site. I found a bad link leading to "Bronson's Tank".
The link is: http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/FAQ's,%20Tips,%20Technique's%20and%20Articles/Electrolysis%20Tanks/Bronson%5CBronson's%20Tank.htm
but it should be:
http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/FAQ's,%20Tips,%20Technique's%20and%20Articles/Electrolysis%20Tanks/Bronson/Bronson's%20Tank.htm

You've put a "\" (which translates to: %5C) between ".../Bronson & Bronson's..." where there should be a "/".

Tryin' to be helpful! :fing02:

Angel

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
"Found (4) Cub Cadets for sale while at a bridal shower"

I betcha this this is the first and only thread where you will ever see this sentence! :D

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
Rudi i bookmark your site this time. Oh and you need to get rid of that tractorforum link and change it to mytractorforum link :bump9:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts