My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,645 Posts
I am in need of a five speed axle for my ford YT14. Its a Tecumseh peerless. Any help would be great.
Do you have the exact model number you need. There should be a steel tag on the axelshaft or at the bottom of the caseing. That would help us narrow it down

Mikey.

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,085 Posts
I'd suggest spending some time in the parts books finding out as many different models as you can that use that same trans. Trying to find one that came out of the exact same model may never happen.

1990 should be the same as Lawnboy. See what other labels they were marketed under as well.

·
Premium Member
10,645 Posts
I think larry is right. Put in the model # that should be on the left frame rail in the new holland parts or messicks websites. If you look at the breakdown for the transmission which will have the actual model number. Im thinking it is a peerless 802 or some sort.

I heard (not sure how true) that a peerless 820 which is way tougher with 1" axel shafts should fit easily but you would need different rims

Mikey.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry about the delayed reply. Never got the axle with the lugs on. I was searching ebay one day for Peerless transmissions and discovered the john deere lx172 has the same trans. I just happened to have one I was parting out so I got one for free. I changed out the axle shafts and the pulley and it was good to go.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.