My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ratchet Jaw old Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has always been basic knowledge to me that Ford built it's first Victoria ,tudor hard top in 1951. I had one a long time ago.
Well ,today at a swap meet in Springfield MO. Im walking past a ford vicky. whoa, thats not right! this vicky has a 1950 front end and grill, 50 model tail lights and side mld's. to top it off , it has 1950 Dash and gauges.
I ask the guy about it, he thinks that Ford decided to build a tudor hard top to compete with Chevy's hard top. He also thinks the 50 is actually a 1950 and a half.
This will take some home work to figure out, can anyone or does anyone want to weigh in on this piece of history?
front pic below, the dash pic didnt take with my cell phone.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
I have never seen a 1950 hard top. I do know the Victoria HT was introduced to the public at dealers the first part of September 1951. They were the most expensive of the 4 Ford models then.
Dave

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have a Nifty Fifties Ford book that gives production numbers of the fifties cars and it says there was 3 built, I will recheck that number tomorrow as the book is in the shop, but I think it was 3.
Dan 2N :fing32:

·
Ratchet Jaw old Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found this info

This car is owned by Tony Miller and yes it is a 1951
In Tony's words" it's a phantom -- really a '51 disguised as a '50 (note the rear license plate). I always liked the Vic body style, but preferred the simpler trim and detailing of '49 and '50, so I built the car that I thought Ford should have done."
1951 Ford Victoria
Licence plate= 50 fraud

Attachments

·
Registered
403 Posts
If I do this right you will see the Ford car production for late fortys through the end of the flatheads. The manual list 4 built, a very rare car and I have never seen one, don't think the Henry Ford has one
Dan 2N

Attachments

·
Ratchet Jaw old Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I do this right you will see the Ford car production for late fortys through the end of the flatheads. The manual list 4 built, a very rare car and I have never seen one, don't think the Henry Ford has one
Dan 2N
Dan, do you have the hard back book or paper back? one is 52 dollars and the paper is 18 dollars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts