My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have been enjoying my 69 ford 120 so much I picked up today (for free) a plow for it. It is a Jake snow plow...so I will need to paint that ugly orange off of it come spring time...but I would love if someone had the manual because I think I am missing a part that raises and lowers the plow.

It is the 42" Trip dozer blade (Jake #59725) not the snow blade because it goes back to the rear of the tractor.

Will have pictures when I gets brighter outside....thanks!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw another thread with what looked like my plow...i might need to scower the plow frame to see if I can find a model number.

I know it is a Jake 42" trip dozer blade...def not the snow blade.

·
MTF Member
184 Posts
Here are the 3 basic parts that you need to mount the plow. The first pic is the lift link which attaches to the plow and the lift arm. The 2nd pic is the front stabilizer bracket which mounts to the front of the tractor, right above the axle. The last pic is the hanger bracket which mounts the plow to the frame of the tractor. Everything else should be on the plow already. The complete plow should look like the last pic.

Whaddaya mean "ugly orange"???

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Jakeman....the plow you posted photos of is the one I have. But not after seeing your photos I can see that I am missing a bunch of parts. I have the front bracket that mounts on the front of the tractor and the plow is complete except for all the compents for the handle on the left side. I also don't have the lifting bracket or the hanger bracket. Does anyone have a parts bread down of this plow so I can get some PNs? Thanks

·
MTF Member
184 Posts
Thanks Jakeman....the plow you posted photos of is the one I have. But not after seeing your photos I can see that I am missing a bunch of parts. I have the front bracket that mounts on the front of the tractor and the plow is complete except for all the compents for the handle on the left side. I also don't have the lifting bracket or the hanger bracket. Does anyone have a parts bread down of this plow so I can get some PNs? Thanks
Mickeymotormount posted what should be the right parts list for your plow. I'm not sure the part #'s are going to do you much good as finding these new is tough. A new Holland dealer may have some if your lucky. I would keep an eye out for another used plow for parts or try to fabricate what's missing.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks...that parts break down is of my plow. I agree that now I will just have to keep my eye out for another plow for parts. If worst comes to worst I can always fab up the remaining parts I don't have.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
UPDATE:

Well ask and you shall receive. I put up an ad in the CT CL and got a reply back within a few hours. Find a nice guy near my parents house that had this plow sitting around. Picked it up for $80 which seemed like a good deal to me (right?).

The only two parts I don't have are the other two photos posted above. I will have to keep my CL ads posted for now to see if one shows up. If not I might have to be back here asking nicely to see if someone could take some measurements for me. I have the fabrication skills to make these parts but not always the time.

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update...picked up the plow today and it is in great condition. Picked up a cart to move it around today also (free). Pics to come later.

I am still looking for the bracket that goes under the tractor...the search continues as that is the only part I don't have now between the two plows.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Here are the 3 basic parts that you need to mount the plow. The first pic is the lift link which attaches to the plow and the lift arm. The 2nd pic is the front stabilizer bracket which mounts to the front of the tractor, right above the axle. The last pic is the hanger bracket which mounts the plow to the frame of the tractor. Everything else should be on the plow already. The complete plow should look like the last pic.

Whaddaya mean "ugly orange"???
Jakman....can you post some closeup pictures of the blade angle assembly? Preferably pic from start to finish of it?

Would be greatly appreciated!

·
MTF Member
184 Posts
Jakman....can you post some closeup pictures of the blade angle assembly? Preferably pic from start to finish of it?

Would be greatly appreciated!
When I get back out to the garage I can take some more pics. I'm not sure what you mean by "start to finish"?

·
Registered
134 Posts
When I get back out to the garage I can take some more pics. I'm not sure what you mean by "start to finish"?
Sorry should have been more clear. I mean from where the handle attaches to the mechanism at the blade.

Thanks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.