My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Anything With Wheels
9,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kid Muddy said:
Great looking 1715. How do you like it? I would love one for around here, someday maybe.

And have you ever knocked the muffler off pulling it into the shed?
I love it...could stand more power, but sometimes I ask it to do a lot more than its capable of. I've come close to knocking the muffler off a couple of times...just lucky up till now. I hop this doesn't jinx me :1221:

·
Super Moderator
32,049 Posts
Kid Muddy said:
Great looking 1715. How do you like it? I would love one for around here, someday maybe.

And have you ever knocked the muffler off pulling it into the shed?
Hey one would go PRETTY nice with those GT's you got there :fing10:

Nice tractor Argee. I always liked the lines of that style Ford/NH

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Cars, Boats, Tractors, Motorcycles, and not Trucks too.

That is the way I have always been. Always wanted to get more power out of anything that I owned.

The old stuff was built with enough beef so that it could stand more power. Now???
Just read somewhere that you don't want to do pulling with the new tractors in the lower gears. Because the final drives are not designed to handle the increased torque. They will wear out quicker, or even break!

But wishing is free! :00000062:

·
Anything With Wheels
9,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Carl said:
Just read somewhere that you don't want to do pulling with the new tractors in the lower gears. Because the final drives are not designed to handle the increased torque. They will wear out quicker, or even break!

But wishing is free! :00000062:
I've used her pretty hard in the low ranges and (knock on wood) nothing has broken yet. It's a sweet little tractor. :fing32:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tks for sharing the photos.

I picked up a lightly used 1720 last fall....generally quite happy with it. But I agree...a bit under powered.

I am thinking about a backhoe attachment (if I can find one reasonably priced) (I've got my "honey" convinced my life will only be complete with a hoe...and a portable band mill)

Does anyone have experience with a backhoe on a 1715/1720? Are you satisfied with the performance given the power limitations?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts