My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a Ford LGT165 with bad steering I am trying to sell it but would prefer the tractor be in working condition before hand. Any one have one of these steering boxes around, or perhaps would like to buy the tractor as is. Has 16 hp kholer I thinks its a 42 inch deck I was using it to mow my lawn until the sterring issue. Went out and bought a new mower and would like this one to go to someone who would appreciate it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
How much $ do you want for it?

·
^_^
65 Posts
That looks similar to a Cub Cadet steering box, maybe the parts are interchangable? I know you can find them much easier than Ford parts.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I might be up for the drive, as I have intrest in picking up another one of these rigs, my Dad, wants one in the worst way. I'll just put powersteering on it ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I might be up for the drive, as I have intrest in picking up another one of these rigs, my Dad, wants one in the worst way. I'll just put powersteering on it ;)
Let me know and we can make arrangments for a test drive but only in a straight line:ROF Tractor is in good shape definitly worth fixing/restoration. Make me an offer. :trink40:

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I'll thow some numbers your way tomorrow if it's still availible, I want to check on my reserves so I know what I can offer ;)

·
1K Posts and climbing
1,677 Posts
Yes it does have a hydraulic lift for deck, and no you slide the deck in from the side.

My Dad had one with a drive over deck, was slick, but the previous owner did not EVER clean the deck off, so it rotted out. We did build another deck though. Worked great!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have 165 and 125 parts tractors listed on eBay right now for .99 no bidders yet, no reserve and the auctions end on Sunday. The steering is good on both of them. If they don't sell I will pull the steering out of one of them if you're interested.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have 165 and 125 parts tractors listed on eBay right now for .99 no bidders yet, no reserve and the auctions end on Sunday. The steering is good on both of them. If they don't sell I will pull the steering out of one of them if you're interested.
Thanks, what kind of $ for one?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts