My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently became the owner of a 1973 LGT145. The lift cylinder is leaking. It appears to be a welded cylinder. Does anyone know of a generic cylinder from Northern Tool or another source that can be used to replace it with? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks, NCHillbilly

·
Just an OLD MAN
30 Posts
I don't know of a replacement but they can be cut apart and new seals put in then welded back together. Check with a hydraulic shop near you to see if they do such things

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know of a replacement but they can be cut apart and new seals put in then welded back together. Check with a hydraulic shop near you to see if they do such things
It’s looking like that’s going to be my only option. Thanks.

·
Just an OLD MAN
30 Posts
In your opinion, how much should that cost reasonably?
I'm sorry but I have no idea. I'm afraid they would want a good penny for this. I too am in need to have this done to a steering cylinder but I just keep puttin it off because I'm afraid of the answer I would get when I asked for an estimate. If you do have yours done please let me know how much it cost you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sorry but I have no idea. I'm afraid they would want a good penny for this. I too am in need to have this done to a steering cylinder but I just keep puttin it off because I'm afraid of the answer I would get when I asked for an estimate. If you do have yours done please let me know how much it cost you.
That’s my fear too. It’s in really good condition considering that it’s never been restored. I guess I’ll bit the bullet and have it done eventually if I can’t find an adaptable replacement. It’s just money right? Lol

·
Just an OLD MAN
30 Posts
That’s my fear too. It’s in really good condition considering that it’s never been restored. I guess I’ll bit the bullet and have it done eventually if I can’t find an adaptable replacement. It’s just money right? Lol
RIGHT I've always head the saying easy come easy go. I have learned it does go easy

·
Administrator
5,857 Posts
There were 2 different sized cylinders on those......went to the bigger one around 74....Here is a thread on it....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There were 2 different sized cylinders on those......went to the bigger one around 74....Here is a thread on it....

Thanks! I’d like to find one of those 2” cylinders. I haven’t had time to read the whole thread, but do the 2” cylinders have a snap ring as a keeper, or are they welded as well?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts