My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i have recently bought a ford lgt 145, but the bearings in the steering column are busted, any imformation on how to fix this would be helpful. thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the blazers not mine, it was the first thing i could find in my gallery, sorry, i got a nice 88, ram 50

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there it is, it has a open sided steering colum that the bearing inside busted, so the steering doesnt work

·
Administrator
5,173 Posts
Welcome.......Moving your post to the Ford section.
The steering boxes in those are made by Ross, quite common with a few other brands...Cub Cadet, some JDs
Usually, its not the bearings that wear out. Usually, the cross shaft breaks. Pretty sure you can get bearings for them.

·
Administrator
5,173 Posts
Here is a previous thread on it....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the bearings in mine are busted to, i found some replacment bearing on ebay for 20$, but my brother said they wont work

·
3,364 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
my steering was BAD, i could turn the steering wheel in a circle before the tires moved

·
3,364 Posts
Just pay for the shipping...you may want to replace the cam follower available on ebay for 13 bucks....and install a thrust bearing,,,about 20 bucks also on ebay...although you can get the thrust bearing from McMaster Carr...for a lot less...I just don't recall the part#

·
3,364 Posts
I sent you a PM yesterday...have not heard back...this is what you need?...I did have to cut the old steering wheel off so that end is a little hacked up but it is still usable ....the cam follower is usable, but worn a little so it should be replaced...the bearings are in place and good....you have to pack it with grease when you reassemble it....there is supposed to be a locking nut on the cam follower that is missing...that is how I got this machine

1 - 20 of 21 Posts