My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FORD LGT 42" Single & Dual Stage Snow Thrower

Here is the Pictures of the parts and also the manuals for the FORD LGT series Snow Throwers

All the parts shown fit both snow throwers, both snow throwers mount the same.

here is a side by side of the 2 different snow throwers

Here is the mule drive and how it mounts

Here is the Shute arm

Here is the lift arm and springs you need

You will also need this braket, without it you cant mount the blower lift arm

Here is the Dual Stage snow Thrower Manual

Here is the Single Stage Manual

This should cover most of it :fing32:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I appreciate the help. I'm pretty bummed out though because I'm missing the "rear pivot bracket" and the "idler pulley bracket". Oh well, I suppose it could be worse.
I have a few more questions though. I can't figure out where the bolt holes are for the rear pivot bracket. I looked for 10 min. I'm sure it's right in front of me but I'm lost. I just need to get a general idea where it goes so I can manufacture one. Also, I've got the snowthrower mounted but the grill seems to be in the way and causing the blower pulley to tip forward and not align with the engine pulley. It's almost like the rods that the springs attach to are about 1" to short. I'm scratching my head big time on this. I just gave up and came in the house.
Thanks for the help....it's very much appreciated.
I'll try to attach a photo of my blower before I hooked it up.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I'll add the parts list I got from another thread...

note that I only have 1 parts list showing, for the detail breakdown on the blower, not the parts list for the attachment / pto breakdown... and, althought similar, the machines have different part numbers... not sure what the differences are though, as they look identical to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Broke the chain on the 1st stage auger yesterday moving snow around the house. Went to Western Auto in Dover, NH and lo and behold they had some chain the right size! Lucky me. Cut it to length and installed, have enough left to replace the 2nd stage when it gives out lol. The old girl sure does move some snow. Saves my hands, got carpal tunnel, using the hand operated snow blower. Impresses the heck out of my neighbors. Mine doesn't look as good as yours but it works great. Solid design, had to jerry rig the idler for mine.

·
Registered
332 Posts
FORD_LGT-165, Could you see if you could put the single stage thrower pics back up. I was curious as to where the spring for the thrower belt hooks to. It appears that one end is on the tensioner bracket but I can't see where the hook on the handle end hooks to.

:thanku:Thanks, Bob

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi all, I'm looking at a Ford 2 Stage Super 42" Snowblower locally and wonder if it will fit my '78 LGT 165. It's missing a few parts; springs, chain cover, idler pulley. Anyone know if this would fit mine? I would like to just take my tractor over to the seller but with the artic freeze we're having I can't get to it right now. I'm studying the pictures that Dave posted but wish I could see whatever it was LGT 165 orignally posted. they don't show anymore. I do have the Serial # 09JC9806 of the blower if that helps.

here is the craigslist link with pictures: http://flint.craigslist.org/grd/3501444444.html

Thanks, Keith

·
Registered
528 Posts
Keith, I'd be willing to bet it will fit. Provided you have the bar on the underside of your tractor for that arm to attach to, I think it would be good to go
My 2 stage looks exactly like that one.
You will want the springs - which will be relatively easy to find, The idler pully might be a bit more difficult. You might be able to fab one up though.

the pins at 10 and 2 relative to the pulley fit into your front bumper, (mule for mower deck needs to be off )and the arms coming off the auger housing attach to pins/bolts on the sides of the tube frame. I think those dims are the same on all the jake built fords.

I've put 2 different blowers on my tractor and both fit without issue.

Check out my thread on a input shaft fix, chances are the bearing for the PTO input is either shot or close to it.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=261330

·
Registered
21 Posts
thanks for the advice Dave. and nice write up about the bearings. I'll probably go ahead and buy this then and hope we don't get another dumping til I get it going. Do you think any manual found on eBay for the 2 stage blower would work? be nice to have.

·
Registered
528 Posts
1-3 inches on Friday if you want to have it to play with... :)
then 47 next week. :(

I'll bet any manual would be good enough, though honestly I've hardly ever looked at it.

Send me an email address and I'll email you the copy I have.

Dave

·
Registered
21 Posts
yeah, I figure if I get the blower and get it working it won't snow again in Michigan. never had to use my MTD last winter. If you would, please email it to me: kputer at yahoo.com
Thanks, Keith

·
Registered
21 Posts
which is better - single stage or 2 stage? just found a single stage deal that I might look at on Saturday.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ive asked the MOD's to give me access to my thread so I can edit it and fix it and was told NO... So that's why pictures aren't back up.... Kind of sad if you ask me.

·
Registered
21 Posts

Just bought this old LGT125 last week and waiting for snow. I'm hoping to mount the blower on my LGT165 but I'll have to wait for a warm day.

Ford LGT 165, can you get your pictures to me if they're still handy? Maybe I can put them up on our server here. If it's a lot to email I can give you ftp access. PM me for my email.

btw, does anyone know about what year this model is?

thanks, Keith

·
Registered
158 Posts
Ive asked the MOD's to give me access to my thread so I can edit it and fix it and was told NO... So that's why pictures aren't back up.... Kind of sad if you ask me.
Just post them again then.
I need som dimenmsions on the bushings by the chain on the single stage.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hey jake1650 not sure if these are the bushings you were talking about... but, here is how I put a permanent fix to the only bushings I can think of.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=261330
Yes I saw that! Nice. Lifetime guarantee for sure.
But it's too much imperial sizes to pull that easily this side of the pond. Axle and bearings not cheap. I could metricalise it though.
But I have kept my eyes on mine so the axle isn't worn much at all and I think I can do with fine with a set of new busings. I just hit it with grease regularly.
I'm going to take the measurements to the lokal workshop and have him make them in bronze.

If it was metric I could have spent 17 dollars at the nearest 'Wall Mart' and have it set up like yours. That wound have been nicer..

·
Electrical Contractor
1,946 Posts
Thanks for having the parts list available for my two stage, I will be referring to them often. It helped me confirm the idler pulley setup off the PTO when I had to repair it.

·
The Gate Keeper
1,181 Posts
I have to see if I can figure out how to hook up my 2 stage blower to my Ford 100. I am pretty sure I am missing some pieces, but I have no idea what I am missing.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Folks,

I found this site matching attachments serial numbers with tractor models:

http://www.yourtractorforum.com/showthread.php?tid=21

According to the link above, the blower for 10 and 16HP LGT's is 09JC9895 42" 2-STAGE SNOW THROWER - 10 & 16HP LGT ONLY (1/77-12/83). There is no number for blowers for 125's, 145's...What makes them different?

Then, I found this:

http://hagerstownmartinsburg.ebaycl...ingle-stage-super-42-snow-blower/?ad=30329489

I bought it...I paid them with the reimbursement condition of going to check it out...The serial is 09JC9795 575U. Does that number rings a bell? Can anyone help me check if this is the blower that fits my LGT 125?

I am using the parts list and diagram in this thread...part ID # 7..that long bracket...does that come with the blower? is that separate?

Thanks in advanced folks..

Carco.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts