My Tractor Forum banner

Ford LGT 36" Tiller & Rear P.T.O

39K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  archristenso 
#1 ·
Still in verry good shape... Cant wait to tear up my garden with it

Cant wait to get my parts to install the PTO....

will post video when its all together....

See less See more
#28 ·
thanks Dave, glad I controlled myself and didn't bring it home. :)

#29 ·
That tillers identical to the one I have for my 68 Ford 100. I'd love to find another one for parts but attachments up here aren't the easiest things to find.

#30 ·
Hi All,

I've got a close sided LGT 145 with the rear PTO shaft mounted on the tractor. I was looking at it today to see if I could figure out how the belt runs from the engine PTO to the front of the PTO shaft. The tensioner doesn't seem to make sense to me. Could someone post pictures of how the belt is supposed to run?

Thanks,

Al

#31 ·
There are a few variations on that, one had a 3rd pulley that tensioned the belt, and the other was the PTO shaft was spring tensioned to take slack in the belt out... ( that plan was not very good because you needed to put some flex in the PTO shaft to make that work)
sorry, no pictures from me, good luck to you.

#32 ·
Thanks for that info Dave. Mine has the third pulley with a tension spring, but it isn't a standard v-shaped pulley. This pulley is flat like it should run against the back of the belt, not the face, but the direction of tension is wrong for that. I'll post a picture of the setup and the tension pulley.

#33 ·
Here's a picture of my engine pto to rear pto setup. You can see better what I'm talking about when I say the idler pulley looks like it should go on the outside of the belt. If this setup is okay to run the belt around all three just let me know. If I should replace that idler pulley with a regular one I could do that easy enough.

Sent from the MTF Free App

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.