My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ford, Thank you for posting the video. I love to see the old ford/Jacobsen's in action. The first tractor I owned was a 1966 120 and had it until 2007 when I felt like I was pushing it too hard and got a scut. I sold it to my wife's uncle so I can still visit it!:trink39::thanku:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just wanted to post a thanks on this thread, it was exactly what i needed to get my tiller setup properly again (been years).. This would make a good sticky thread for tiller and rear pto, especially with the manual and photo's of rebuild. :)

·
the local ford fan
631 Posts
Would you by chance know what year my LGT165 is? Looks quite different from yours.
yours is one of the older open sided tractors 1972-1976 , FORD_LGT_165 one is of the newer closed sided tractors 1977- i believe 1983 , the only way to verfiy what the year of your tractor is to take down the spec and serial numbers off the engine and compare them with the this chart http://gardentractorpullingtips.com/kohlcub.htm heres a chart for kohler k series engines

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Darn photobucket!! Photo's expired. For those who don't know, most of the early 1970's Ford/oliver/jake tractor mounted tillers were made by Simplicity.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi, I need help identifying this tiller. It’s been in storage since new, never used on the original Ford LGT. But he doesn’t know what year or model the LGT was. It’s a little rusty but after inspecting the tines it's obvious that it hasn’t been used. So could anyone post a few pictures of the PTO setup and mounting brackets needed to make this work on my ’78 LGT 165. The seller wants about $200, is it worth it? and it measured about 32" at the tines.

Serial number on tiller is: 59724 8022

Thanks,
Keith

·
Registered
528 Posts
That belt drive would make me think its from the older Fords and not the LGTs of the open/closed sided era. The tractor this fits has a horizontal motor with the PTO on the drivers left side. ( not front to back like the LGT)
The belt would run under the seat and out the back to the Tiller.
I don't think it will fit your LGT without some playing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
thanks Dave, glad I controlled myself and didn't bring it home. :)

·
Registered
967 Posts
That tillers identical to the one I have for my 68 Ford 100. I'd love to find another one for parts but attachments up here aren't the easiest things to find.

·
New guy and hobbyist.
126 Posts
Hi All,

I've got a close sided LGT 145 with the rear PTO shaft mounted on the tractor. I was looking at it today to see if I could figure out how the belt runs from the engine PTO to the front of the PTO shaft. The tensioner doesn't seem to make sense to me. Could someone post pictures of how the belt is supposed to run?

Thanks,

Al

·
Registered
528 Posts
There are a few variations on that, one had a 3rd pulley that tensioned the belt, and the other was the PTO shaft was spring tensioned to take slack in the belt out... ( that plan was not very good because you needed to put some flex in the PTO shaft to make that work)
sorry, no pictures from me, good luck to you.

·
New guy and hobbyist.
126 Posts
Thanks for that info Dave. Mine has the third pulley with a tension spring, but it isn't a standard v-shaped pulley. This pulley is flat like it should run against the back of the belt, not the face, but the direction of tension is wrong for that. I'll post a picture of the setup and the tension pulley.

·
New guy and hobbyist.
126 Posts
Here's a picture of my engine pto to rear pto setup. You can see better what I'm talking about when I say the idler pulley looks like it should go on the outside of the belt. If this setup is okay to run the belt around all three just let me know. If I should replace that idler pulley with a regular one I could do that easy enough.

Sent from the MTF Free App

Attachments

21 - 33 of 33 Posts