My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys I haven't asked for this in a while but does anyone out there have a 3 point hit h for sale for one of these or some detailed drawings to make one? I'm desperate I am considering trading it offfor a case 446 with all sorts of attachments if I can't get a hitch for this darn thing. Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I would think you could make up a 3 point hitch pretty easy, It has an Eaton/Peerless trans/axle and hydraulics right ? All you need to do is fab one up. I made one for my old LGT 165 , just use a pair of pillar blocks for the lift arms to pivot on and make up the rest. I used 3/8 stock for the lift arms, 1" cross shaft and 1/2" x 2" for the lower link arms. I used Hiem joints for the lower arms to axle point, with ball type swivel bushings for the business ends of the arms, only difference is mine are 3/4" instead of 5/8" like a true cat 0 hitch(I made bushings so I can go back and forth easily).
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=95659&highlight=my+modded+165

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if I went to a welder shop how much do you think it would cost to make something like that. I would think he would want exact dimensions from somemone with a factory one. I just don't have the tools to build one myself. I am very impressed with everything you have done with yours sky I just wish you lived next to me because you would get a lot of business from me.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
If you can take a few detailed shots of the rear end of the tractor you want this for I could give you an estamate on what it might cost.
Are you mechanically adapt? In other words If I made components could you install them correctly and figure out how to hook it all up ?
Another question, do want this to work off your existing hydraulic deck lift? Or do you want a seperate system ?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am in Missouri right now but on Sunday I can email you pictures of the rearend of tractor. I it would be cheaper if it could hook to exzisting hydraulics under deck. I have not seen how the factory hookup is on my style of tractor.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Yes, it would be cheaper to hook it up to use the existing system for sure , and if anyone else has one of these tractors with a 3 point hitch on it , pictures would be great! I think it's pretty close to the older units , but I'm sure there are a lot of subtleties that are critical.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I think my tractor is one of the first years of the lgt18 it has white fenders and the tank is under the hood . I'm pretty sure the hitch connects the same way on yours too It hooks to the tabs on both sides of the axle.if I can figure out how to post pics with my iPhone I will. Otherwise I can email them to you( no computer right now)

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts