My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am restoring a Ford LGT 145 for my Grandson. I have a leaking hydraulic cylinder. The hydraulic local shops want over $500 to repair it.
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement? I have tried EBay . Thank You Jeff

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,012 Posts

·
Administrator
4,594 Posts
Ditto on the $500...that's way too much.

Larry, looking at your other thread is making me wonder if my LGT165 has the 1 1/2 or 2 inch cylinder. As you know, I recently got an LGT145 and it lifts my bucket thing much better than the 165.....Now I am going to have to crawl under both and measure....lol

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,012 Posts
Ditto on the $500...that's way too much.

Larry, looking at your other thread is making me wonder if my LGT165 has the 1 1/2 or 2 inch cylinder. As you know, I recently got an LGT145 and it lifts my bucket thing much better than the 165.....Now I am going to have to crawl under both and measure....lol
Poncho, if I remember correctly, and that is a big if, the smaller dia. cyls were only on the '73 models, late '72 and '73 production before they caught the weakness and went to the 2" cyls.

Thanks Larry,

I see in your referenced post you replaced the 1.5 inch cylinder.
Do you still have it? Can I buy it from you?

Jeff
Going by my pics, do you currently have the 1.5" or 2" cyl. I recall that I had to exchange the pivot arm / linkage as well, I can't remember the differences but they did have to be replaced together.

Pretty sure I still have the smaller cyl, but uncertain of its' condition because it was a hard removal at the time.

EDIT: Just looked at my old pics, and you do appear to have the 1.5" dia earlier style cyl. It has the clevis end, rather than a hole thru the shaft itself.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Larry,
Yes, I have the 1.5 inch cylinder but the shaft is pitted pretty bad.
Hence the expensive rebuild.
Would you check if you have yours and it's condition.
Thanks,
Jeff
My LGT 145 is a 1972

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,012 Posts
Will check tomorrow Jeff. Where abouts are you located?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts