My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father in law has a 195(something) Ford Jubilee edition (might be a different model, but I swear the emblem on the hood in the front center says Jubilee). It has 3pt and 1 external hydraulic port. I know zero about the internal workings of the hydraulic levers and control blocks. But I do know that there is something wrong with his. The lever to raise and lower the 3pt has been moved to the outside of the holder, because (according to him) it would not raise properly because you couldn't move the lever back far enough to lift the 3pt. To get it to work (and this is not every time) you have to push the lever as far back as it will go, then it feels like it binds up a little bit. Sometimes it will raise the 3pt, sometimes it won't.

During times when it won't raise the 3pt, I have found that if I use the heal of my right foot I can press on a cast iron lever that is down near the foot running board and it will raise the 3pt. And then if the actual 3pt control lever is left in the 'raised' position it will hold the implement up. You can release the foot lever. As soon as you move the 3pt lever forward to lower the implement it drops liek a rock, there is no smooth control of the up and down motion of the implement.

I'm hoping somebody on here can guide me toward troubleshooting steps or identify the cause of his hydraulic issue by my description.

Thanks in advance,
-ron

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
OK, there is a short cast lever under the seat, is that the lever you are referring to? If so that lever should be in the vertical position for the lift to work in position control, horizontal is for draft. Now if that is the lever you are reffering to that you have to put pressure on to make the lift work then... you need to remove thr lift cover and R&R the linkages that are worn. If that is not the lever you are talking about and you have a different one post a pic of it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds exactly like the lever I am talking about. I have never seen it horizontal. It has always been verticle. And when I press it the 'handle' is down and I press it toward the rear of the tractor with my heal.

Now when you say R&R the linkages, is this something that a machine shop needs to do or is there a kit, or do I have to go hunting for 'good used' parts to make it all work again?

Thanks,
-ron

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Nah, you can do it yourself. You will need to replace the cam follower pin, under $2 and readjust the linkages. All should be good then unless you find something REALLY bad.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is this something that I should be able to order blind (without seeing) or should I go find myself a good repair manual first? I outgrew my ambitious 'tear it all apart and see how it works phase' and have grown into a 'lets make sure the parts exist to put it back together properly before we take it apart' stage of life...

thanks,
-ron

·
Registered
360 Posts
I can help out a bit. Send me an email and I will shoot you an excellent step by step document with pics on how to adjust your NAA hydraulics.

Dan

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Dan, is that the document Zane made on how to adjust them? Of so I would appreciate a copy.

As for the parts they are readily available, gaskets and the cam follower (5/16 dowel pin) are the only things I can think of off the top of my head you will need unless you find something more wrong in there. Any CHN dealer should have them/

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1. Dan thanks for the document
2. It is already available on the internet.. on page 8 of 11 he provides the following location for the most up to date version.
http://collectible-stuff.com/Tractor Stuff/NAA Hyd Ctrl Adjustment.pdf

Now my follow up conundrum.. do I try and find time to have my father-in-law's tractor 'down' for a while so I can do this.. Or do I locate a rebuildable control unit and provide him with a 'present' when I get it done...

Oh the decisions... (I'm going to call around to see what the going rate is)

-ron

1 - 9 of 9 Posts