My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here and apologize if this info is already on here. I have done a lot of searching and I'm having trouble identifying my tractor. I recently picked up a Ford industrial tractor and loader. From what I can find it's very similar to the 3600 ag tractor, but I'm not sure what. The transmission was replaced at some point and is blue but the tag under the hood still has some numbers in it.
Tractor number C488873
Model DW114C
Unit 5M22B
So far I can't find any information about the model number. I'll post some pictures as well. Any help would really be helpful. I need to repair the steering, mostly tie rod ends and such but also the front spindle bearings are gone and I think I have a heavy front end, I don't want to order parts for an ag tractor when I needed industrial or utility.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any help would really be appreciated. I need to order steering parts and I'm not sure what I have. I think it a 4000 series because of the D in the model number, I can't find any info of what the W is for. The rest lines up with pto and 8 speed transmission. I think it's a 75 for the year, just really not sure. Where is the best place to order front spindle bearings and tie rods?

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
9,379 Posts
I looked on Tractor Data and came up with nothing...I am going to move it to the Big John Deere Forum...I hope someone who can help see it and gets involved

·
Registered
174 Posts
Mark hold up on that it is a Ford Industrial Model

Luke,
Go to yesterdays tractors and post in the Ford forum. There are more than a few gents that live and breath these tractors. Your does appear to have the loader front axle. They give you better answers there than I can though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is what I located from a Google search. OP's tractor is a model 532.
Thank you so much for your help. I'm not sure how you found this, I have been Google searching without any success. But I think this looks right.

·
Registered
628 Posts
DW114C
DW1 = 532 Industrial 1965-1976
1 = Diesel engine e
4 = independent PTO
C = 8x2 speed manual (4x1 + hi/low)

C488. Is a 1975 serial number range,
So the Unit 5M22B is
December 22, 1975 second shift assembly date

1 - 10 of 10 Posts