My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I just picked up this seat recently for free. It is off of a Ford lawn/garden tractor. I'm not sure of the exact model. I just wanted to make it look good. I don't have a Ford lawn or garden tractor, but thought that this seat would be a nice project to repaint, etc.

As you can see, the material/upholstery is very discolored and faded. It is BAD! Is there any way of fixing this? Even to get rid of all of those spots and so on?

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
After scrubbing the vinyl(?) cover, see if SEMS make vinyl dye in Ford blue or close.
Their product is the best.

OR SELL IT TO ME!! I NEED ONE FOR MY LGT145

·
Registered
57 Posts
I got lucky with one of mine, I was at the New Holland Dealer and found a nearly identical seat with the FORD logo for $20 in the clearance bin. It had an odd bolt pattern and a swivel, but all I needed to do is make an adapter plate, which I did and at the same time added some much needed seat height. I think the seat I bought must have been for a backhoe or something but I made it work just fine.
Those splotches look like someone used whitewall cleaner on it, something like Westley's bleach white or something, and used it in bright sunlight.

Dying it may be an option but probably more trouble than it's worth? I'd be leery of it bleeding color off onto clothing after that?

The seat pan can be sandblasted and repainted easily.

I'd probably just paint the pan, clean the vinyl as best I could and use it, then keep an eye out for a better seat.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My seat is identical to that except for the condition. that is defianetly off a LGT Ford as far as the bottom pan is concerned. A seat from a newer YT model Ford will work with very very little modifications as far as mounting the seat to the steel pan. That steel pan bolts to a hinge there is actually a little storage area under the seat of the LGT's. Keep in mind I am talking about the LGT 165 - 1978.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts