My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a loader on my 600 and now have some wierd problems with my hydraulics. Before install I believe i needed a new cam follower pin as the lift arms would only fo 2/3 of the way up. After the install (including a different hydraulic accessory plate with a knob to switch hydraulics from lift arms to loader) My lift arms wont work in draft control position, and the loader doesnt have any hydraulic pressure unless i lower the lift arms, switch the hydraulics to the loader and then move the quadrant control lever all the way up. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm not even going to try to diagnose your problem. The only good way to run a loader on early Ford tractors is with an engine-driven front-mounted pump off of the crankshaft pulley. That poor little side pump will probably give up the ghost soon if it hasn't been rebuilt recently. Not to mention the fact that if you dead-end the loader it will most likely rip the gear off of the back of the camshaft.

-Leon

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
I'm not sure what switch you have. If it is a deverter valve it should render the 3pt inoperporable and the control arm for your 3pt will operate whatever you have it hooked up to. Did you refill the hydraulic fluid? What kind of loader is it? One arm loader? Is the valve a single or double spool?

Kirk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure what switch you have. If it is a deverter valve it should render the 3pt inoperporable and the control arm for your 3pt will operate whatever you have it hooked up to. Did you refill the hydraulic fluid? What kind of loader is it? One arm loader? Is the valve a single or double spool?

Kirk
Yes, itis a diverter valve and i did refill the fluid. As far as the type of loader it is I am nor sure. I will try to post some pics within the next couple of days. The loader has single acting cylinders for the arms, and double acting cylinders for the bucket.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
There are a couple diverter valves... sounds like you can still get lift arm movement when diverted.. that tells me there is a leak.. remember.. if the lift arms come up, it will shut the unloading valve off.

soundguy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts