My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was working my 1970 4000 yesterday doing some bush hogging and discing. I had a little problem when lifting my implements. After about an hour of work, my lift would fail to lift up the implement or it would only lift it partially. If I turned off the engine and restarted it, then the lift would work just fine. This hapened once or twice more but seemed very randon. Its not a real big deal, but I am wondering if I am heading for a problem or if this might be a simple fix? Hydraulic fluids are fresh.

·
Premium Member
7,808 Posts
Have you checked the fluid level? Also, does it have a manual transmission or a Select-O-Speed? They used different hydraulic pump setups for the 3 point system and troubleshooting issues is a bit different between them.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fluid level was actually a little high. I let it drain until it stopped coming out of the sight plug, but still seemed to have the issue once. It does have the manual high/low transmission with 8 speeds.

·
Premium Member
7,808 Posts
Sounds like the pump itself is starting to go. Does the PTO still work when the lift is having the issue?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts