My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gear shifter seized up between two gears. Believe it or not, in order to remove the transmission cover (there is no easy access plate) I had to remove the steering column, which required unstrapping and lifting the fuel tank.馃槦 After repair & reinstallation everything worked fine except the Self-Test illumination of the Battery and Coolant Temperature Warning lights were not momentarily lighting up at startup. The third warning light, Oil Pressure, continues to self-test fine. I have tested the sensor wiring of each by connecting the appropriate wire to ground which does illuminate the respective warning light. I'm hoping someone can help me find out what controls the self-test operation of those warning lights.
P.S. All the wiring is bundled and I'd rather not attempt to unbundle and track the offending wires.
1997 Ford 3415
Thank you!

Premium Member
Maybe you shorted something and blew a fuse when you were moving things around. Did you check the fuses?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the obvious fuses are good and the warning lights illuminate when I ground the lead wires. There may be other fuses that I am not recognizing as fuses. My next step is to find an electrical schematic and try to make sense of it. Thanks for your input.

Premium Member
Are you grounding the wires at the senders, or back at the rear of the instrument cluster?

Premium Member
Sorry... I was thinking that the wires between the indicator lights and the senders had become disconnected somewhere along their paths, but now I'm as baffled as you. I would need to see an electrical diagram for the tractor to be able to make any educated guesses at this point.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No problem. I've studied the wiring diagram and concluded that I must have fried something in both those components, so I just ordered one of each. We'll see if that fixes the problem. Thanks for trying.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts