My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Helping a buddy again with his Ford 3000, with the select-o-speed trans
The shaft for the inching pedal broke off flush with the trans.
Trying to figure out if a new shaft is available or if we'll have to repair/build new.
Where would I be able to find a part number for the shaft?
I've got a shop manual, but it doesn't list part numbers.
#4 in the diagram is what's needed.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Here is a link to the New Holland parts web site.

New Holland Parts Web Site

New Holland owns the legacy of Ford tractor parts. Plug in 3000 as the model and it should show up at the top of the list. Then click on the model name in the list and that should take you to the parts diagrams for that model.

Here's a direct link to the parts drawing for " (07M01) - SELECT-O-SPEED - CONTROL FEATHERING ROCKER, GROUND SPEED PTO & RELATED PARTS - 2000, 3000, 4000"

Link to (07M01)

The shaft and arm is labelled #32 in the drawing and there are two different part numbers depending on when the tractor was made. It is C5NN7N337A for tractors made up through 12/31/1967 and C5NN7N337B for those made on or after 1/1/1968.

Once I have a part number I usually go to partspring.com and enter the part number there to see if it is still available. partspring is an authorized New Holland dealer and they sell parts on-line as well. Unfortunately, I just checked and neither part number is available new any longer. Once I find that a part number is no longer available new I usually go to tractor-part.com, which is an on-line clearinghouse database for tractor salvage yards and plug in the part number there to see if any salvage yards might have the part. According to tractor-part.com, there are two salvage yards that cleim to have the first part numbr in stock:

Salvage yard listing for C5NN7N337A

And two that claim ot have the second part number in stock:

Salvage yard listings for C5NN7N337B

If you need help determining when the tractor was made you can start here:

Ford model and date codes for 1965-1975 thousand series tractors

If you have trouble decoding the numbers post them back here and we can help.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Having some issues with the model number, but I think I got the date code figured out.
On the spot near the starter, I got the following numbers
7B 6B - I think is supposed to be the date code, which would be Feb 6, 1967.

7D3 - I don't know

B065956 - Serial number.

I couldn't find what I thought to be the model number, possibly rusted over to much.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
The B at the beginnning of the serial number means that the tractor was assembled at the plant in Basildon in the UK. The number itself, 056956, is an "export" serial number, meaning that it was made specifically to export outside of the UK. The Basildon "domestic" serial numbers started with B800001 and went up from there. That serial number is around the right timeline for a February 1967 tractor. The model number could be farther up, in the rougher part of the casting, or on a similar flat spot on the left side of the tractor, as the European built tractors didn't always follow the same stamping rules as the US assembly plant, especially in the first couple of years of production. So that February 1967 tractor should use the earlier part number, C5NN7N337A , and my link to tractor-part.com for that part number shows two salvage yards that claim to have it in stock, Fawcett Tractor Supply Ltd. in St. Marys, Ontario Canada and Cook Tractor Co. in Clinton Missouri. If you click on the company names on that web page it will give you the addresses and phone numbers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts