My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I may be subject to wishful thinking, but here goes anyway...

My newly acquired 3000 has a really crappy seat that pushes me too far forward, is too low, and bottoms out. Worn out springs no doubt. But beyond that, it just puts you in an awkward position to do anything. The clutch pedal is almost under the seat and the steering wheel will rub my belly if I gain 5 lbs.

Is there any consensus around these parts about the best replacement seat for these tractors? If so, will it move me back and up?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Ken

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
The universal replacement tractor seat should do what you want, I would like to have one but it is like sitting in a high chair on my tractor so I am building one.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Hi Ken, I installed one like this :http://cgi.ebay.com/FORD-NEW-HOLLAN...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a0797b416
I purchased mine from the local dealership (that way I could see it and sit on it before I bought) it will do everything you are asking, I really like the seat one thing I wanted was some back support and it provides that, I'm sure is you buy the higher priced ones they maybe better one thing about the one I bought is the seat is a little short helped that by redrilling the mount holes and moving it forward about an inch this helped.
GB in MN

·
MTF Newbie
14 Posts
I purchased a similar seat (to GB's) at Atwoods and it works well. It allows me more leg room so I don't feel like I'm on top of the clutch and brakes. I do like the one on ebay as the cushion does not extend into the arm area of the back of the seat. That is usually the area the cover rips first imho.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts