My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I bought a Ford 2000 last month that is a very stout tractor but it has been sitting so long that it needs some TLC. What I am really looking for is a FEL for the tractor. I can get a new one but I really would like to have an older one without the bucket.

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
Yes we all like pictures. And besides we like to see what the persons we chat with drive :D

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ingersoll444 said:
Yes pictures pictures pictures!!!!!
Finally got some pictures of the 2000. My dad had to take the carb off, soak, sandblast, drill, and cuss at it but now it looks brand new. I will post some more after this one. And if anyone knows of a good FEL for this please let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I am hoping to get the carb back on it this weekend and see how she will purr. I also for a plow, disc, and some misc. implements out of the deal but I have yet to pick them up.

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
Good looking Ford :fing32:

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will have to get some pictures of my other tractors to post on here as soon as I can figure out what is going on with my digital :banghead3

·
Retired - Veteran Mod
6,791 Posts
Dachshund said:
That's a good looking machine! I'd like to find one around here! Thanks for the pics!
There's a nice looking one (sorry, SmartFarmer, no FEL) on the way down to work. I haven't stopped to look at it. It sure LOOKS nice, driving by it. I have no idea as to a price, though, either...

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thesmartfarmer said:
Here is another one

Looks like we have decided to part with the ford so if any one is interested send me an pm or e-mail.

It cranks right up and runs as long as you want to run. However, the gears are spaced out too much and for my use it either goes too fast or too slow (no medium) I have been using a 7' grader blade to grade my driveway, 750lbs spreader to sow and fertilize my new yard, and we hooked up a 5'6" tiller to till up a garden. But I have too many tractors and need to liquidate.

·
Loose Moose
7 Posts
clean her and tune her up. You wont be unhappy with her.. I'ts a very good basic tractor. Yep, get rid of the bucket... If you need to move stuff with a bucket, get a 4WD tractor.. but with what you have -- plow, disk, and cut to yours hart content.... I have 47-2N and envy anyone with a 2000..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts