My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Note...also posted on the Ford page...

Just saw an add for what appears to be a very nice 1953 Ford Jubilee "fully restored, painted and new tires". Picture "looks" nice to an uniformed viewer.

My understanding is the Jubilee replaced the 8N??? What are the benefits of a Jubilee over an 8N...also how many years does the Jubilee cover? Does it have a number series or just Jubilee?

What would selling prices be for what appears to be a nice '53 Jubilee...after verifying the state of restoration??

Asking price is $7K...a bit high? or ???

I see lots of 8N...are Jubilee's less common?

Thanks all...Tom R

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
The jubilee is an upgrade to the 8n. It has more power, over head valves and better hydraulics, althought the vicker pump used was replaced with a better pump used in the hundred series and up.
The jubilee or commonly referred to as "Jub" was only one year 1953. It is an NAA model and is basically the same as the 1954 NAA. Early model 1953 Jubilee's were built in mid to late '52 and the serial # was stamped near the front on the engine on the side. This changed a couple of months into 1953 then they started stamping the serial #'s on the bellhousing.
IMO the price is way high especially in this economy. That said a friend of mine has a jubilee and has $11 grand in his.

Kirk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts