My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, I wanted to say thanks to everyone that has commented on my previous post about this tractor. But anyway the problem: A couple of years ago I have the loader up and the hood also up and left the tractor and completely forgot to close the hood. So with that being said the loader gradually sank down right onto the hood and bent it. Weird bend. I know most of the mechanical side of things but when it comes to bodywork I don't know that much. I took a few pictures and tried to illustrate the bend but it is hard to do so on camera. What techniques do you guys recommend for getting these dents/bends out?

Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Wood Beige Gas Tints and shades Composite material
Wood Triangle Shade Stairs Rectangle

Thanks, Everyone,
Kirby Harder

·
Premium Member
9,344 Posts
I would try using a bar clamp on the bent out points on both sides of the hood. Try flexing it in a little past straight, but not too much. That way it will hopefully flex back to near straight when you release the clamp If it flexes back to being too wide, do it again, the next time flex it in a little farther, etc.

Reactions: Kirby7887

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would try using a bar clamp on the bent out points on both sides of the hood. Try flexing it in a little past straight, but not too much. That way it will hopefully flex back to near straight when you release the clamp If it flexes back to being too wide, do it again, the next time flex it in a little farther, etc.
That's a good idea I shall try that, Thanks for the reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts