My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Ford Owner/Driver/Fixer
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 Ford 1215 and would like some suggestions. It was used to cut the yard since the day we bought it new til 2yr ago. It's done plenty of pulling, plowing, and scraping also but not as much these days. It has a few cosmetic flaws but nothing serious. The hood is dented from where my mom was cutting grass around a swing set and the tire swing chain hung on the front bumper and pulled the wooden beam down on the hood and dented it pretty good. The seat has rusted through from the weather and will be replaced tomorrow. And finally the muffler has been welded several times because it keeps cracking, also getting replaced tomorrow. My main suggestion is about adding weight to the front. Anyone have a nice setup? Another suggestion is tires, I don't mind keeping turf tires on the front since it's only 2wd but I'd like to change to ag tires on the back, would I need to change wheels? Thanks, Daryl

·
Registered
373 Posts
Ther are weights available to bolt on the front bumber. I don't know of any ag tires available to fit the turf tire rims due to ther width. Because of it being 2 wd if you can find ags to fit the rims it would be fine.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Depending on the size of your tires and rims you might try Carlisle. I bought a set from them. They are there tru-power design and the size was 31x15x15, they also make a set that is 29x12.50x15.
It all depends on what size you have now. I have a Ford 1120 which is a little smaller that yours and it had a perfect set of turfs on it, but when using a bush hog at times it would spin a lot. The ags solved that problem. Same this with my Kubota B7100.
If your tractor is a 4x4 then II dont know much in that area unless you might check with the dealer, and they would want a small fortune for them.
Below is a link to where I bought mine. Check both as they are different prices, both sited have the tire number so you can also google that number and maybe find a better deal. Best of luck and hope this helps.
Take care,
Greg
for some reason the summit link is acting up but you can still find them once you get the item number of the tire which is 5233A4 for the 31's
the other link is working fine. or at time of posting is.
Summit racing:: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRR-5233A4/

tire easy.com::http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop....pro_Seite=15&Transport=P&tyre_for=AS&dsco=135

1 - 3 of 3 Posts