My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,876 Posts
:ditto: might bog down in the wet stuff

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
tranks beat me too it, yeah the exhaust says SBC, valve covers look weird though.
Still an awesome machine!

Brad

·
Super Moderator
23,342 Posts
There's another one out there with a Dodge 440.

Check for V-8 snowblower on youtube.

·
Registered
485 Posts
OUTSTANDING........

Don't matter if it is a 454 or 350, a plastic Tonka truck buried in the drive way don't stand a chance............ I know.......... Don't ask.........

Enjoy

·
Registered
927 Posts
What a sissy!!!! The stack flaps aren't open all the way, he must be idling that thing.

·
Registered
6,972 Posts
20 years ago I knew of a guy in Rochester, Minnesota that had a walk behind snowblower with a Buick 3.8 V6. He also had an older JD, might have been a 140 with a Buick 3.8 V6. His shop was just on the north side of the DM&E RR tracks and just west of broadway.
I got tired of trying to fix the original Tecumseh 5hp on my JD 524 and put a new Tecumseh Snow Kind 7hp on. It made a good difference in power and performance.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
there's a guy over in Walker, MN with a couple 'blowers like that. One is Ford 302, and the other is Chrysler 318. He uses them to clear paths on the lakes sometimes for the fishin derbies in the area.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Not a small block Chevy either. They don't have head bolts above the exhaust ports. Things didn't look right so I went out to the barn and looked at my 402 and then a small block head.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
That's a big block Chevy rated at 412hp. The auger is ran pretty much off motor, the drive is two separate hydro units which drive each side so he doesn't have to worry about the drive speed when revved to increase auger speed. Drive controls are integrated into handles, he can spin it in a circle. The exhaust is special built with baffles to reduce decimal level. Picture above was first build, he has since converted to tracks and hilborn type air cleaner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts