My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Retired MTF Admin
11,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For...ah, er...TRADE LOL!

Anyone remember when George Carlin did his bit about other peoples stuff? He said "Ever Notice That Your Crap is Stuff, but other peoples Stuff is Crap?".

Some Fancy trinkets offered for your consideration:

ITEM # ONE (or 1 and two depending on your needs)
Two each (or one is fine) Gesa fluid thermometers. 0° to 240F° = 0° to 120C°. No kidding guys, these things are just beautiful and very heavy industrial quality! The threads (I think?) are 1/2 NPT. Here's the deal and story; I built two custom hydraulic tanks for a guy (two years ago) who provided these little beauties. Mid stream he changed his mind and had me weld 1-1/2" flanges for suction strainers instead of the intended use of the gauges. I tried to return them but he said Keep them...and so I did. My price? ZERO, Nada, zilch plus shipping (lol).

ITEM # TWO
Marson Pop Rivet Kit
Untouched, unused and only opened once. This piece of Cra...I mean, this handy little tool is just so ah, delightfully adequate. You can still smell the wonderful plastic box the set comes in. This was a 'Granger' double shipment and they wouldn't authorize the return. Go figure, I ordered aircraft style blind rivets (which I got) and this was included in the box which I didn't pay for. This is priced reduced to....0...plus shipping.

ITEM # THREE
0 to 2000 Hydraulic Pressure Gauge
This thing is a monster (to me anyway). It has a rear base mounting plate 6" wide and the gauge face is 5" wide. Another item from the thermometer 'gig' where the owner bought one to many. Without looking, I believe the threads are 1/2" MNPT...and, yes it is brand new in the box!

If you need or want any of these items then here's the deal. Since I paid nothing, you pay nothing. I can't, in good conscience, ask my fellow members for money when I have nothing invested! I will swap something (almost anything) for items that you have, cannot possibly use, and you find them interesting. I pay the shipping....you pay the shipping (We all pay the shipping together). All trades considered and I will accept anything between the ranges of an interesting new, used or reconditioned universal Widget to a case of unexpired Juicy Fruit Gum (Or assorted Lifesavers).

Mark

Attachments

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
I would love to have the rivet set. Let me see what I have that would be a fair trade.

·
Tech Nerd Tractor Convert
1,388 Posts
Looks like dj2cohen beat me to dibs on the rivet set.. I asked for them a few hours later over in the other copy of this thread.

Ken n Tx must have made a copy instead of moving it. Guess I was chasing shadows over there... :Disgus:

Still want to part with one or both thermometers? I don't have anything to measure with them, but they'd look cool on my gadget wall in my office.

I took a few photos of stuff taking up space around the basement that was small enough to be reasonable to ship to use in trade.. do I just post the pics here or should I PM you?

·
22,321 Posts
Toolin, if you have something to trade, go for it. It won't bother me any. It's first come first serve, and I am still at work.

·
1,388 Posts
Toolin, if you have something to trade, go for it. It won't bother me any. It's first come first serve, and I am still at work.
That's very magnanimous of you, but you were first come actually.

Maybe Mark can decide who's junk he likes better in exchange (yours or mine) and that can determine the victor?

·
Retired MTF Admin
11,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Still want to part with one or both thermometers? I don't have anything to measure with them, but they'd look cool on my gadget wall in my office.

I took a few photos of stuff taking up space around the basement that was small enough to be reasonable to ship to use in trade.. do I just post the pics here or should I PM you?
Toolin', Sure, post the pictures! :wwp:

I assure you that I'm not after bids, or the best deals gets the trade. I just thought if my stuff is interesting to someone....they could use it in exchange for something they don't need. DJ2 and you might work it out...but he was first responder :thanku:

And who's to say your stuff might be even more sought after than my Cra...er...stuff :)!

Mark

EDIT - Toolin, I just read the other thread and I think the thermometers are instrument of high quality. They're brass and stainless with a glass face mercury tube...

·
22,321 Posts
That will work just fine with me. Whatever Mark likes is fine with me. I'm not hard to get along with.

·
Sparky
297 Posts
I have an impact gun. 1/2" drive. Made by Black and Decker(I think). It works perfectly. My current air compressor can't run it(well) and it needs a good home. Will trade for ??? I am not picky. I can always use something else to look at.

·
Retired MTF Admin
11,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jim,

Nice offer...really, but I have an I/R and a Mac 1/2 drive.

Maybe someone else could use it that doesn't have one. Besides that, I can't take a man's one and only impact gun....you will probably get a larger compressor some day :D. If not, I'd bet someone may have something interesting to trade you...

Mark

·
16,490 Posts
Mark--I don't need any of that stuff--but just wanted to post that is a 'novel' idea--and see what happens...

On an aside--I have used that same Marson rivet gun kit @ work 10,000 times, I swear--and it does the trick for plastic/aluminum, light duty work....

Good luck!!

·
Collector of many tractors
15,270 Posts
I got a ton of stuff to trade...
Just ask me and I probably have what someone is looking for...

·
1,388 Posts
This should be fun...!

Ok, here is a bunch of stuff I rummaged from the basement, all of which I'm not using. Mark, let me know if you see anything interesting. dj2cohen, I still say you have first dibs on Mark's POC rivet gun.. let me know if you're going for it.

Others are welcome to express interest too.. if you have something to trade, post pics.. if not I might just send it to you anyway...

12 volt hand-held searchlight (uses lighter outlet). The black thing in the middle is a clip-on cover to protect the lens.

12 volt mini compressor (uses lighter outlet). Produces 200 lbs pressure max, but flow rate is miniscule (will inflate auto tire but will take probably 10 mins to do so). Works well (and faster) on bike tires. Noisy.

"Sunrise clock" (110v). Wakes you up by gradually increasing the brightness of the bulb in the frosted dome over a period of 30 mins to not shock your system. Can also be used in reverse (gradually dim as you fall asleep). Spent over $100 on this a few years ago but I'm so dead to the world in the morning even this didn't wake me...

Clip-on FM transmitters (I have 2 of these). Cheap little things but they work ok. Clip them on a cellphone and it transmits it's audio over your car's FM radio.

Another FM transmitter.. this one plugs into your TV or stereo and transmits wirelessly to the portable receiver that you plug headphones into for private or assisted listening.

Aaand, another FM transmitter (don't ask me why I have so many of these). This one plugs into an audio source that has a standard headphone jack and transmits to your car stereo. When it says "Radio Shack" you know it's quality.

Gold Eagle "snowglobe" (the "snow" is gold leaf). It's in a high-viscosity fluid, so one shake and the leaf is suspended for a good 5 minutes. And it's on a nice solid wood base. Ok, so it's a little schmaltzy but it's a nice little bit of Americana:

Microcasette recorder. Most voice memo recorders today are digital.. not this one! This is an authentic magnetic media storage device (2 microcasettes included). None of that modern solid-state microchip mumbo jumbo. Excellent condition.

USB beverage warming plate (and USB hub with 2 ports). Indeed, it gets "warm", but I wouldn't plan on being in a hurry when using it. Probably more useful as a USB hub.. handy place to plug in a thumbdrive and maybe drop your pocket change..

1 - 20 of 154 Posts