My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Link King
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I snapped the belt today while leveling some gravel, so I went to town to track down a new one. I got lucky and found one at the first place I went, and it was on clearance no less! Got it from tractor supply co for 32 bucks. Its a little heavier than the old one and is made of kevlar. The belt # AYP is 130969 in case anybody needs it. Picked me up a husqvarna chainsaw for 25 bucks while i was there too, but thats in another thread.

·
Collector of many tractors
15,274 Posts
I must be sitting on a gold mine... I have hundreds of new belts...
And around 1000 feet of linkbelt...

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
ill have to keep that in mind, It wont be long and mine will need one. Its getting pretty warn down.

·
The Link King
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea it sucks cus you have to unbolt the rearend on mine to change the belt ever since I welded the shifter on lol. But then again, the last belt lasted probly a good 8 years lol

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
yea it sucks cus you have to unbolt the rearend on mine to change the belt ever since I welded the shifter on lol. But then again, the last belt lasted probly a good 8 years lol
i think that the belt that is on mine has been on it about 6 or 7 years, we put a new one on it right after we bought it.

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
Mine lasted for about 12 years (A 1997 Wide body with origional belt!) I replaced mine in late august because it was slipping (I could hear it) and it gave me a ton of power! I had to take the mower deck off, Battery tray, small pulley (Clutch), steering shaft, and a few bolts, put belt on, put it back together and done for about 8 years. My drive belt was a NAPA belt for about $20 and deck belt was a NAPA and $20 as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts