My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will a snowcaster off a differnt tractor, john deere, bolens, ect mount up and work on a case 448. someone told me a john deere will?

·
HeadCase For My Ingersoll
1,359 Posts
John Deere made ALOT of different snowcasters. Specifics help. Would some be more plausible than others to retrofit? Maybe. But if you calculate the money spent to buy a decent Deere snowcaster, you'll most likely have spent as much a a Case/Ingersoll unit is worth... and that's not even including fabrication and work time... or materials cost.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I can tell you this from first hand experience that a single stage Simplicity blower is very close and can be adapted very easily ....

:trink40:

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
will a snowcaster off a differnt tractor, john deere, bolens, ect mount up and work on a case 448. someone told me a john deere will?
If someone told you that another brand of snowblower will hook up to a Case or Ingersoll tractor, then they are totally wrong. The Snap-Fast attachment system developed and pioneered by J. I. Case Corp is unlike anything used by anyone else.

In addition, there is the issue of belt routing and direction. Case front mounted attachments have idler and tension pulleys positioned correctly to line up with the mechanical PTO clutch on the front of the engine.

Lastly there is the issue of raising and lowering the attachments. Once again, it is highly unlikely that foreign attachments will have lift arms of the correct length or the correct geometry to work on a Case or Ingersoll tractor.

But.... as Bob Hefley noted, those with fabrication skills can cut, weld, shape, drill and bolt together whatever is needed to adapt just about any blower they want, so it works on a Case. It has been done.

·
Registered
146 Posts
As castoff said anything is possable if you have the skills needed. My bolens is a 16hp and is shaft driven. All I can say is have fun making it work on a case. What you end up with in most cases is a make shift blower that is constantly giving you trouble because it was adapted to make do. I will just wait it out and find the right piece that I need and buy it and in most cases, increase the value of what I have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts