My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone converted their Case 442/444/446 to 4x4? It is always more complicated than it looks, but why can't you tap off the rear hydraulic and drive a pair of front motors at the font wheels? There will be a turning issue and some how all the wheels have to turn at the same speed but image a 4x4 Case 44x , of course you can just upgrade to a bigger 4wd Case, but why, when you can spend more money and time to do your own fabrication? :tango_face_wink:

My goal is build a FEL and expect to trash my front axle/steering gear/spindles etc... (I really hope not), and if I ever have to gut the front end... it would a good time to go 4x4.

Just Food for thought.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So the Answer is articulating. 4x4 AND powersteering. lots of strength for a loader too. Any backhoe plans around (free)?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Me thinks I'd have to redesign fenders to resize for a change in wheel diameter. I have plans for a reverse ram metal press that would make light work of metal bending (will probably make it 4' wide).If I widen the stance, I will have to figure out another way to connect the fenders. I do have a spare set of fenders if you need any. (kinda rough). The price will be right (bring your tools). Tool rental will cost you.

·
Premium Member
2,358 Posts
Fenders are cosmetic. Nice to have of course, but kinda a final touch. But I say the project is finished even if I'm sitting on a milk crate. Functionality is my goal.

Metal press plans; that's interesting. Does it need a hydraulic cylinder and power unit?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a 12ton pneumatic bottle Jack waiting to be installed)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm still in the design stages (1 year later). I am considering adding a Backhoe to this beast and would like to design the rear with a frame mount for BX type hoe. Does anyone have a BX 2360 or similar that would provide measurements of the rear hoe mount. Hole sizes and spacing, width (inside and out), height from the ground. Alignment of the holes and distance from the axle. The thickness of the mount also. Later I can just buy a BX hoe for it or build one.

thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts