My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm new here so would be appreciative of any advice. Have had JD2210 for 5+yrs w no prob other than chronic flats on front due to Loader stresses. I had them foam filled..end of problem. Now I have added the BH and now have flat in liquid filled rear tire. I think I'll go the foam route again. Experience anyone?? The unit is used extensively for mowing with MMM and occasional bush hogging.:thanku:

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,642 Posts
How heavy is the foam, and can you still liquid fill the tires for ballast after foaming them?

The other question that begs asking is why you're having so many problems with flats? Where is your leak, is the valve leaking down, or are there holes in the tires, or are the wheel bead seats rusty and pitted, preventing a good seal? Another option is to have inner tubes put in the rear tires.

I'd think you would want the weight of loaded tires to assist with FEL counterbalance. I guess you could foam fill the tires and then add wheel weights.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually the foam in the front tires were done commercially with the same stuff used for large heavy mining equipment and it is as heavy if not more so than the liquid filled. So I don't think the counterbalance for the FEL would be an issue. The holes that I am getting are punctures so this would solve the flat issue. My concern is possible damage to the drive train with the solid tires.

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
Actually the foam in the front tires were done commercially with the same stuff used for large heavy mining equipment and it is as heavy if not more so than the liquid filled. So I don't think the counterbalance for the FEL would be an issue. The holes that I am getting are punctures so this would solve the flat issue. My concern is possible damage to the drive train with the solid tires.
Buckeye,

Welcome to the forum! :Welcome1: Foam-filled tires put a lot more stress on the driveline, not to mention the operator. We used to do this in a foundry application that I used to own, and was costly from a break things standpoint -- but no flats. I would not recommend them. Are you using industrial tires? If not, you might want to try them as the lugs are much heavier. :)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Hi

Ditto what JDfanatic says. The stock turf tires may not be up to your requirements. You may be able to find a 6 ply turf tire with a higher rating, I don't know. Some guys use the puncture sealing slime to prevent flats but I don't think it would work with liquid fill.

Brian

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input! Is there a heavy duty tire made with turf tread instead of the usual tread pattern used on tractor tires? Most of the time on the machine is spent mowing a large yard with soft turf and I really don't want to mangle it up with large cleats. I suppose you can get the industrial grade tires from any tire dealer that handles tractor tires?
Having you guys available is such relief because I don't have to think of everything on my own...Again thanks..

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Thanks for the input! Is there a heavy duty tire made with turf tread instead of the usual tread pattern used on tractor tires? Most of the time on the machine is spent mowing a large yard with soft turf and I really don't want to mangle it up with large cleats. I suppose you can get the industrial grade tires from any tire dealer that handles tractor tires?
Having you guys available is such relief because I don't have to think of everything on my own...Again thanks..
You may wish to peruse this information, and locate a dealer:

http://www.titanstore.com/search/size/26x12.00-12
http://www.titanstore.com/search/size/18x8.50-10

Hope this helps!

Joe

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
Buckeye,

The industrial tire is sort of a compromise between the aggressive ag tires and turfs. Many here claim no more turf damage than with turfs. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good info! The place that was to fill the tires is a dealer that can get the tires suggested so I should be good to go.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The foam fill on the tires was going to be $200++ each!! Dealer is ordering 10-ply turf tread tires by Carlisle for ~120 each. Looks like I'm good to go thanks to you guys....:thThumbsU

1 - 10 of 10 Posts