My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a chance to look at the G14 this afternoon, got her fired up and she would not disengage the clutch so I shut her down stuck it in gear and started it.
She just sat there and would not move, although she tried.
Took a look at the left rear axle and see the axle turning, but not the tire/wheel.
Shut her down , looked at the axle on the right rear underneath and low and behold there is a lock pin missing, that connects the axle to the wheels.

Not sure of the exact size of the pin, but it looks like 9/16", or 5/8" round x 2 1/2" long, anyone know for sure what size it is?

I stuck a 1/2" bolt into the hole and fired it up and off she went, just have to get the correct pin and free up the clutch and she should be good to go.

Funny the guy paid me $40.00 to haul off the Murray, and the G14 a few days ago now the Murray is serving it's new owner and the Bolens will be a yard mule for a while until someone wants it.
But for a few bucks for a fuel filter, fuel lines a little cutting and welding of a new tie rod end on the Murray and a couple hours of taking apart cleaning and reassembly I think I got a decent deal.

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
DEfinitely!!

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
That pin is 5/8 diameter. It also should have a 3/16 hole in it for a spring cotter to keep it from slipping back out.
Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts