My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a conversation on here in the past about flushing out the hydraulic fluid. It was recommended to drain the fluid and run diesel fuel in it to clean it, and then reintroduce the new hydraulic fluid. Where is the best place to drain the fluid from on a Case 220?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I would NOT put diesel in the hydraulic system, ever!. You'll never get 100% of it back out.

The gyro rotor motor that drives the tractor has to be lubricated, that's why you are supposed to run 20w-40 or more likely 15w-40 MOTOR oil in the hydro so that motor is lubricated as needed.

There is a drain - test port on the travel - main valve, it has a recessed hex head right near where the input lime from the pump is attached.

If you want to "clean" the hydraulic system, then do multiple oil changes a week to 2 weeks apart. Then you'll have a supply of oil for chainsaw bars.

·
2,877 Posts
Yeah I wouldn't introduce anything but the recommended fluid into a transmission... why are we doing this?

If it's just up on hours I'd drain and fill and call it good. 🍻

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all the advice, guys. Its a new-to-me tractor and I’m new to the hobby of collecting them, so I’ve just been reading and studying and trying to be a sponge. Looks like I may have gotten some bad information. Thanks for straightening it out for me!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts