My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so when I got my shed I put it on a stone foundation which was about a foot tall.
and I had no way of getting the lawn tractor into the shed.

so I made a ramp but it was a pain in the butt to keep putting it out and putting it back. so I stuck it on a set of hinges

I set the ramp back into the shed just enough to be able to close the doors.
there is a pin that holds it up and it is inserted on the left side frame of the shed doorway.

so now I just slide out the pin and drop the ramp and I can get anything in and out of the shed that I need!

the hinges are wood screwed to the floor of the shed. the hinges are held to the pamp with flat head screws and nuts.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it works well too!

haven't had any issues with it in 5-8 years of service.

made it all out of scrap wood and extra hinges I had in the garage.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just for the summer. then the project that is sitting in there right now will move into the garage and be revamped and get a bigger motor put on it.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Nice idea. Looks like it does work well.

So, just what is the other project sitting in the shed?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that was a fold up electric scooter on steroids! :lol

I took an old lawn mower axle and cut it down, mounted the bushings on the frame. and made it a three wheeler with a diff. in it

then I mounted a 2 cycles snow thrower motor.

But! It doesn't have enough power

so I'm going to put a big 4 stroke motor on it! I have a 12 HP B & S sitting in the garage!

·
Administrator
17,095 Posts
The OP was last on MTF in 2016. The original post was nearly ten yrs ago and since then Photo Bucket has changed the policy on third party use of photos. Because of that the photos no longer appear. Don't know is anyone would done or have the same setup. From his description it does seem pretty straight forward to build. One thing to consider though is whether they will impede access to the shed if there isn't another door.
MikeC

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you, Yes I was aware of the age of the post and how long it's been since he's been on and it was a bit of a long shot.

It doesn't seem too bad indeed but the point I'm currently a little bit unsure on is just like he's stating that he set it back far enough into the shed for the doors to close... how to work that. Although I imagine you could build the ramp so the very first part of it goes straight out about 10 inches to allow that clearance for the door and then the actual ramp part starts. The hinges would probably have to be pretty beefy maybe regular door hinges?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Managed to get it to work right. And as I'm a person who fully believes in giving back as much as I received, here is a picture of it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts