My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
picked up this scotts badged ariens with bent crankshaft for 50$. too nice for a parts mowerso I will repower it. choices are 1 Tecumseh futura xl ohv (very rare engine. 2wisconsin robin 2 stroke. 3 briggs professional series 4 tecumeshe 840xl 2 cycle ( if I can come up with a carb). 5 Kawasaki fc150( if I successfully remove its bbc)

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
I have already done 2 kawi fc150 conversions on 2 ariens and they are a great match,. its a tight fit but clears the disk drive but barely. Will have to mock up the others first before I decide on an engine, the robin 2 cycle would be very unique and likely one of a kind, regardless you MUST use the ariens blade adaptor , will be a very fun project.

·
LBAD Victim
959 Posts
I would go for the Kawasaki or the Robin 2 cycle.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
update- the briggs shaft is not bent. what happened to this mower is someone tried to fit a toro blade to this with destructive results. blade was so unbalanced it shook the engine that it destroyed its mounting bolts. after changing the mounting bolts and installing the correct ariens blade-it works . how ever there is still some vibration but not nearly as bad as before. the blade adaptor is pretty chewed up. problem is a replacement adaptor is 90$-if you can find one. ariens used several

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
different versions of adaptors specific to engine model and the briggs one happenes to have the belt pully built in and its expencive. for now I will run it as is and see how it goes. every other aspect of this mower works perfectly -drive wheels-cables self propel syst. etc all perfect

1 - 12 of 12 Posts