My Tractor Forum banner

Flabbergasted--1250

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Deerlope 
#1 ·
Hey look a here the DS came right off the engine with no bad words said. The steering wheel was a little more diffcult but I saved it. The bigger the hammer the easier it is. In this case I used a 2-1/2 pound. Monday the engine will be going in for a rebuild.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
And last but not destroyed

Attachments

#4 ·
It ran when I dropped it off a few months ago as a trade for a cab, it sat for three years not running, after a new battery and fresh gas, it fired rite up.

I can't wait to see when it's done, then I'll wish I never traded. :banghead3

Good winter Project Fred, good luck !! :trink39:

#5 ·
As Ken said yes it did run. I will get the front sheave off then it is going out for a complete and total rebuild.

#7 ·
Ed, I wanted to get it done while my hands can still do it. As the years go by you never know how long you can keep having fun.

#8 ·
Your passion and drive are inspiring. Can't wait to watch your progress. I would have given better advice on what paint but I haven't had to restore a 1250 yet. I thought the rustoleum we have used for touch up was almond.......but the paint you got is probably better.

#9 ·
I do use rustolem Almond in someplaces but in this case I can not. The frame and axles have to be brown if I want the tractor to look orignail.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.